2005 Passat HIDs

Dasilzar

TDI
2005 Passat TDI
I'm looking to put HIDs in my 2005 Passat in some way, I'm not sure how putting HIDs in the stock housing will look. Are there any housings that will bolt right in? I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for, open to any and all suggestions.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
You can buy the bulbs that fit your housing, you will have to cut a couple of wires out of the harness and run them to the ballast. You'll need the kit for an H7 bulb. If your present setup is working well I would leave it alone, changing to HID's is hit or miss, you may not be happy with the results. The ones I put in were a big let down.

Last edited:

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
No wire cutting is needed.

Twist out the bulb holder.

Remove bulb and metal clip.

Cut metal clip to fit over H7 HID bulb.

Plug the male space connectors into existing connector. Do the rest of the wiring (drill hole in cap for the wiring grommet)

Also disable DRL's. The ballast won't like the reduced voltage of the DRLs

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
I did HID conversion on both high and low beam. If I had it to do over I would leave the high beams halogen. HID warm up is a little slow- at least on mine. Otherwise reasonably happy with improvement over stock. Conversion will get you about half way to where you would like it to be. Pretty good bang for the buck however.

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat W8=>TDI swap, 4Motion Wagon, PD130(AVF) 6Speed Manual, 2006 Jetta MKIV PD(BEW) Wagon 5Speed Manual
Or try and find some W8 headlights!