Cummins nozzles in a TDI

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
You can make that work. The pump can be modified to as low as a pressure as you like. I had one modified to be the recirculation pump for an air to water intercooler on a VR6.
I've got a PS pump doing the pressure lube on my metal shaper, at 10 psi. :p

You running coolant through one? Seems kinda odd, but if it lives, who's to say...
Thanks for the link.

The issue with running an inlet pressure higher than 13 or so psi is that, at least in Cummins VE pumps, it will blow out the input shaft seal.
Maybe some machine work could allow for a retaining ring or plate of some sort?

Sent from my mobile look-at device
Not 1500 psi inlet pressure, but case pressure. "Inlet pressure" in this hypothetical pump could just be a return line to the tank.

Last edited:

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Love threads like this, out of the box thinking, :D

Feel welcome to "explore" and report back to the forum.
it is never any problem to "overcome the hurdles"... if you have enough resources and abilities.
Injectors aside, why not also use an HX60 turbo if you want. I heard they work great on the dodges. Why not a TDI? Some of those dodges are over 1000 hp how awesome would that be in a TDI. Just need to figure out how to overcome the herdles (pun intended) with some creative, out of the box thinking is all.
Come to think of it, why not just use some dodge pistons and rods. They are the same basic shape as tdi pistons, you know, round kind of cylinders of metal. If you take a close look, they even have the dish in the center for the fuel. How different could they be, REALLY. Not only that, the dodge rods are MUCH beefer and that's a good thing. I'll bet a really smart guy with skills could fit them. I'll bet nobody's ever thought of that either!
the only limit is your imagination.

Wow! :rolleyes: