2011 Jetta ac issue

In the Red

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Wagon
So I think I have a rcv issue but quick question. When car is running with ac on the ac pully is spinning but what looks like the ac clutch(I know my compressor doesnt have a regular clutch) is not spinning. With car off I can reach down and turn it and there is some resistance bit its smooth. So my question is does the rcv engage that to cause it to spin when a.c. is called for? Or is something sheared off on my compressor?

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
No clutch, but the coupling is designed to break so that a seized up compressor does not lock up the accessory belt.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
sure.

the pulley always turns the insides of the compressor, and the compressor input and output are tied through the system, which includes liquid and gas R134a.

The electrically operated control valve varies the volume of the pump, and how much is pushed for each rotation of the shaft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DPuYF0eNK6M

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Sometimes the sheer pins break off, your compressor will need to be replaced.

I have seen this several times, and there seemed to be no reason for it to happen (meaning the compressor seemed fine otherwise).

In the Red

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Wagon
Well decided to change compressor, dryer, and expansion valve. All good so far except can't get lower line off expansion valve. Upper came off fairly easy. Any tips?