How to disable the alarm

uberdorker

TDI
2004 Beetle
My 2004 beetle's alarm goes off at odd times without provocation. My mechanic had me take it to the dreaded dealer as he couldn't figure out how to disable it. The dealer said he couldn't fix it unless I could get the alarm to go off in the garage-and, of course, the car chose that day to remain quiet. I do have a little front end damage and the hood doesn't close perfectly-which the dealer suspects triggers the problem. I just want to disable the goddamn thing. As it is I have to leave the car unlocked (in the middle of thuggy Brooklyn--thankfully, most delinquents in my neighborhood cant drive a stick and my car is too girly for them to joyride) to stop the alarm from going off in the middle of the night (ive found lots of angry notes on the windshield in the morning). Any suggestions?

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
The alarm keeps track of the last 4 things which set it off... you can check it with vag-com.

There is no simple way to turn the alarm off.

-J

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
How about FIXING it rather than trying to disable it?

Your CCM may have already flagged a fault. Really only a handful of things can even set it off anyways.

bluesmoker

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd 5 speed tip
My 2004 beetle's alarm goes off at odd times without provocation. My mechanic had me take it to the dreaded dealer as he couldn't figure out how to disable it. The dealer said he couldn't fix it unless I could get the alarm to go off in the garage-and, of course, the car chose that day to remain quiet. I do have a little front end damage and the hood doesn't close perfectly-which the dealer suspects triggers the problem. I just want to disable the goddamn thing. As it is I have to leave the car unlocked (in the middle of thuggy Brooklyn--thankfully, most delinquents in my neighborhood cant drive a stick and my car is too girly for them to joyride) to stop the alarm from going off in the middle of the night (ive found lots of angry notes on the windshield in the morning). Any suggestions?
its probably a bad door microswitch, they are terrible, scan the car

i have replaced all 4 in our mrk4

http://www.gruvenparts.com/website/diys/Door Locks Explained - MKIV.htm