Miscellaneous:

• Black Grill
  • Enfig Stubby ariel
  • Aero Wipers front & rear
Planned Mods:

Last edited:
TDI
2004 golf
STUNNING! simply... stunning. I love it! Clean, classy, and powerful!

PS... where can you get that top IC pipe, and how do you make it work with the weird PD clip system? Im guessing the tyrolsport and race pipe come just plain/bare?

fenwick458

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 T5 Van
thanks,
The top pipe is made by a company called SFS perfofmance here in the UK, it's actually designed for a PD130 and normally comes with some billet steel machined end conectors to fit the PD clip in system, i simply bought it without them and got a 25% discount. it is 60mm ID throughout and has 4 ply 5mm walls, it was £120.
the tyrolsport has 60mm(2 3/8") in/outlets and the allard race pipe is 57mm, but the 60mm SFS pipe clamps onto the allard pipe fine, i have a sturdy mikalor clamp on there.

mine is an early 115 PD so does not use the push in/clip system as found on US PD's and 130/150 uk PD's, my original pipework was the same as whats on your ALH's

fenwick458

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 T5 Van

rims are TSW vortex 18 X 8 offset os 30 and the brakes are 312mm/256mm vented combo, fitted standard on our 4motion Golfs, quattro TT's, Anniversarys etc.
the rims were very cheap off ebay, £400 with tyres, only done 5k miles so were all immaculate and tyres had 7mm. alot of people don't like them as they are not a VAg replica, BBS, Multispoke, or deep dish euro like everyone else has! but i like them because they look different.

fenwick458

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 T5 Van
AJM was the first PD to be made, 115bhp and 285nm , also there was another AUY 115bhp and 310nm that was around same time, MY2000 in the UK and europe i think.
they were only made for 1.5 years untill the 100/130/150's were brought out and they then discontinued them.
it has shorter con rods, lower compression as a result.

mbillington

TDI
1999 MK4 TDI 90BHP
Always nice to see a fellow UK-MKivs member over on TDIclub! Excellent looking motor if i might say so!
Ive had my non-PD almost 3 years now, its by no means standard but theres still pleanty to be done! seeing 200bhp out of a 115 really does show you whats possible! myself and a couple of friends have decided to have a small trip to a well known road (if you can call it that!) down in germany next year, so im always open to ideas of what needs doing. just a general overview of my car:

TDI90 SE
Upsolute Stage 1 (I think) remap
Koni Sport Suspension
Full Recaro Interior
R32 Alu trim all round

I know its not much but at the moment its an awesome daily driver, cant fault it... Obviously, in its current state its not ready for the track. So the mods i have planned are:

PD150 Intake Manifold (in the post, donated by a rear ended PD150)
PD150 Turbo (in the post, donated by a rear ended PD150)
Allard EGR Delete Race Pipe
Rear ARB
TT front brake setup
Braided hoses
Miltek Tubo Back Exhaust
New Intercooler to accompany the bigger turbo, not sure if i'll stick with the side mount or go for a front mount just yet.

Anyway, if you can offer any advice, drop me a pm on uk-mkivs (billington.mark) or on here.

Mark

Bojje

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 1,9 TDI -02
Interesting - the bottom end holds for that power huh? I've heard that the PD115's are a little more fragile than the PD130/PD150.

fenwick458

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 T5 Van
yeah the bottom end will be fine with that.

i don't think it was really beefed up that much for the 130/150 versions, it just has different design con rods(longer and thicker) and some better oil spray nozzles. stronger headbolts(got) and a thicker crank.

lots of people have 100 and 115's hitting 200 horses, no problems so far.
how many ALH's on here have been pushed to over twice their standard 90bhp output???!?!

deezay

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 black jetta gls
ibanix- from the sounds of it.. possibly not as the pd150's have a larger inlet for the intake manifold/race pipe/egr... but i am not sure by how much exactly

fenwick458

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 T5 Van
ibanix said:
I wonder if that IC hose will fit a regular ALH...
the allard EGR delete(and most other race pipes i think) for the 130/150 large bore inlet manifold has an outside diameter of 57mm, the smaller one has an outside diameter of 51mm.

the SFS top hose has an inside diameter or 60mm, and i have a big t-bolt clamp on it and it fits just fine.

so yes, this pipe would fit an ALH, as long as you have a large bore inlet manifold and a race pipe. the IC end of the pipe is 60mm ID too, will fit the standard/tyrolsport/boostfactory/forge SMIC's no problem

leon10tagg

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf 90bhp ALH tdi, 2002 Golf PD100, 2004 Passat 1.9PD AWX, 2001 Golf 4-Motion, 1997 Audi A4 1.8t sport, 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.0t WRX
mbillington said:
Always nice to see a fellow UK-MKivs member over on TDIclub! Excellent looking motor if i might say so!
Ive had my non-PD almost 3 years now, its by no means standard but theres still pleanty to be done! seeing 200bhp out of a 115 really does show you whats possible! myself and a couple of friends have decided to have a small trip to a well known road (if you can call it that!) down in germany next year, so im always open to ideas of what needs doing. just a general overview of my car:

TDI90 SE
Upsolute Stage 1 (I think) remap
Koni Sport Suspension
Full Recaro Interior
R32 Alu trim all round

I know its not much but at the moment its an awesome daily driver, cant fault it... Obviously, in its current state its not ready for the track. So the mods i have planned are:

PD150 Intake Manifold (in the post, donated by a rear ended PD150)
PD150 Turbo (in the post, donated by a rear ended PD150)
Allard EGR Delete Race Pipe
Rear ARB
TT front brake setup
Braided hoses
Miltek Tubo Back Exhaust
New Intercooler to accompany the bigger turbo, not sure if i'll stick with the side mount or go for a front mount just yet.

Anyway, if you can offer any advice, drop me a pm on uk-mkivs (billington.mark) or on here.

Mark
Mark is you TDi 90 fitted with an ALH engine?

fenwick458

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 T5 Van
no it's an AGR. similar to the ALH but came with a wastegated KKK K03 or GT15.
dunno how the VNT turbo is gonna work in there?

fenwick458

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 T5 Van
well i got the kit second hand, with no instructions or mounts and had to make everything myself, so with custom mounts and custom trimming it's a really good fit!
i don't think there ever such a thing as a "bolt on FMIC" they all require trimming and a bit of work to get it in.

but, at the end of the day its a proper intercooler, that top pipe stays cool no matter how hard i drive so i'm happy with it :)

fenwick458

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 T5 Van
update:
i got the oil cooler fitted, and i got a new map written for it, now have 256 and 400 at the flywheel!
heres pics of the oil cooler install;

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Fenwick you like that FMIC? How's it do on hard runs?

fenwick458

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 T5 Van
27 degrees above ambient is the highest i've ever seen it, thats with over 2 bars of boost!
and the temps come down very quickly between runs. i did a graph to compare it with the tyrolsport when i just had a 150PD turbo, even then there was a big difference

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
fenwick458 said:
27 degrees above ambient is the highest i've ever seen it, thats with over 2 bars of boost!
and the temps come down very quickly between runs. i did a graph to compare it with the tyrolsport when i just had a 150PD turbo, even then there was a big difference

Wowie. Sign me up lol :eek: