www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+)

VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+) Discussions area for the MkVI (2011+) Jetta sedan. This model was originally codenamed NCS (New Compact Sedan).

Old July 28th, 2019, 22:29   #1
TurboTaco

Default Exhaust Pulled Back, Re-engage Bushings

Hey y'all.
Posted about taking my 2011 Golf TDI to the dealership for a failed exhaust sensor. That's wrapped up.
I did the oil change and while I was under there I though I'd look my exhaust since the dealer said it had been moved backwards.
Here's a picture, it's not that good because I have to use the front cam on it.
Anyways, I was looking at the exhaust and there's NO adjustability. I couldn't find a way to adjust the exhaust forward. I can maybe man handle the metal rods back into the bushing, but wouldn't they just come out?
All the exhaust mounting points I found were connected to rubber. Even the muffler int he back has a swinging bushing.
Has anyone dealt with this? I tried to loosen the Vband there, but even then, I don't think that'd help me get the exhaust forward.
Terrible design by VW on this btw.

Last edited by TurboTaco; July 29th, 2019 at 14:04.
TurboTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2019, 08:08   #2
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

Terrible pic is more like it!

You just need to take the hanger loose and pop it back over the grommets, then bolt it back up to the subframe. Someone did a half-arsed fix on it looks like.
Old July 29th, 2019, 09:44   #3
TurboTaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
Terrible pic is more like it!
You just need to take the hanger loose and pop it back over the grommets, then bolt it back up to the subframe. Someone did a half-arsed fix on it looks like.
lol!!
The picture was showing up last night, now its not.
Also fail, posted in the wrong forum. Must've been a strong cider last night. Was thirsty after messing around with the exhaust lol.

That's funny, I was thinking that. Pop the grommet bracket off, push it onto the exhaust, then bolt it back in.
Here it comes.... "I'm an mech E" and it doesn't take an engineer to question whether it'll just pop back out. I think it just pops out, but I'll take your word for it. Let's see if it stays on once I try that.
I fricking love this car btw. My other car is a modded first gen tacoma and everytime I get back in the TDI I'm so happy. Such a fun car.
Old July 29th, 2019, 12:10   #4
iamatt
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 45

Pair of channel locks and some dish soap and you can probably pop them back in without messing with too much.
2014 Jetta TDI sedan (new) ,2014 TDI Jetta Sport Wagon 6MT (Flooded) Amsoil HDD3000 20K OCI, GSP Mod (RIP Rosie 4/4/2015), 2011 Toyota 4 Runner SR5 (Flooded), 2007 Duramax (Flooded), slightly modded GSPv2 is here, Bellatrix "Bella" Hunting God's County, katygsp.com
Amsoil Dealer -
http://www.texas-synthetics.com
iamatt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2019, 14:04   #5
TurboTaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamatt View Post
Pair of channel locks and some dish soap and you can probably pop them back in without messing with too much.
You don't think they'd pop back out though?
That's my concern. I feel there has to be more of a hard adjustment to keep them there. Maybe they were never pushed in during the fix, but if they were, why did they pop out?
I'll try either method to pop em back in but well see about how long they stay there.
Old July 29th, 2019, 15:05   #6
iamatt
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 45

They never put in duringfix, just pop in be alright

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
2014 Jetta TDI sedan (new) ,2014 TDI Jetta Sport Wagon 6MT (Flooded) Amsoil HDD3000 20K OCI, GSP Mod (RIP Rosie 4/4/2015), 2011 Toyota 4 Runner SR5 (Flooded), 2007 Duramax (Flooded), slightly modded GSPv2 is here, Bellatrix "Bella" Hunting God's County, katygsp.com
Amsoil Dealer -
http://www.texas-synthetics.com
iamatt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2019, 21:07   #7
TurboTaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamatt View Post
They never put in duringfix, just pop in be alright

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
Wow... ****ty work that's ridiculous.

Alright will do. Thanks everybody.