www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Ontario

Ontario Local discussions for those in the Ontario, Canada area.

Old July 2nd, 2019, 16:04   #16
Strider17
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetta_Pilot View Post
Someone trying to get rich !

I can get this mailed to me on a CD/DVD for $ 30.00 from the USA. Did that 2 years ago and it came with a VIM disk with software which would let you watch videos while under way. The OEM will not allow video playing in motion.

^^^^^^^^ agreed.

id be willing to pay 5 bucks to get the firmware update...otherwise its not worth my time, gas or care about having the latest update
Strider17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2019, 06:53   #17
krazykipa
Veteran Member

A website with all RNS-510 firmwares available for download was posted earlier in the thread... for free... including VIM modified versions.

Here's a tutorial for what to do once you have the files: https://paulroberts69.wordpress.com/...ns-510-satnav/
Old July 3rd, 2019, 07:41   #18
Jetta_Pilot
Veteran Member

Location: West Hill, Ont. Mexico mid October 2019 to end of April 2020

There is a FW 6276 update out there but it is NOT for the North American RSN 510 !!!
Even if you find it DO NOT USE IT !!!
All LED interior bulbs. Several VCDS mods. Darker window tint. EVO skid-plate. Malone Stage 2, Malone DSG tune. Winpower Projector headlights. Angel eyes. LED DRL's. 24mm H&R rear sway bar. Phase 1 & Phase 2 done.
Jetta_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2019, 04:18   #19
jayski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetta_Pilot View Post
Someone trying to get rich !

I can get this mailed to me on a CD/DVD for $ 30.00 from the USA. Did that 2 years ago and it came with a VIM disk with software which would let you watch videos while under way. The OEM will not allow video playing in motion.
Not trying to get rich at all lol. I just figured I'd offer it up here as it may be quicker shipping within Canada for any Canucks searching for it and the ftp option being even quicker. And it's a known working update not one anyone would question if it's euro or NA. I didn't offer the VIM disc as it's a free download I've seen in many places. At any rate, nobody seems to need it and that's fine :-)
jayski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2019, 20:42   #20
Wagon no more..

Thanks jetta pilot!

Can you share where you are getting work done. You have some of the upgrades that I would like to do
Thanks
Wagon no more.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2019, 16:02   #21
Jetta_Pilot
Veteran Member

Location: West Hill, Ont. Mexico mid October 2019 to end of April 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon no more.. View Post
Thanks jetta pilot!
Can you share where you are getting work done. You have some of the upgrades that I would like to do
Thanks

Which work???
All LED interior bulbs. Several VCDS mods. Darker window tint. EVO skid-plate. Malone Stage 2, Malone DSG tune. Winpower Projector headlights. Angel eyes. LED DRL's. 24mm H&R rear sway bar. Phase 1 & Phase 2 done.
Jetta_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote