Dutch Golf TDI 110HP

francophile

This car is really very fast! Soon the 150HP
version is available here in the Netherlands!

I hope you understand al little dutch, so you
can read the tests of different TDI-models!
http://www.chez.com/martijn

[This message has been edited by francophile (edited January 23, 2001).]

dfh28

I have just driven my new golf tdi 100pd for the first time today and i must say that the performance is fantastic, the 110 must be really swift.

As your are dutch maybe you can help me, i imported my car from Martin Schilder in Holland to scotland where i live.
Only problem is that they supplied the log books and instruction manuals etc in dutch and was wondering if there was any instructions for starting from cold as i have read some of the american comments about glow plugs etc.

Any help would be appreciated

francophile

Í don't know if there is a special
instruction for starting from cold.
Normally you've to wait untill the
red indicator is out. I will look
in the instructions for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dfh28:
I have just driven my new golf tdi 100pd for the first time today and i must say that the performance is fantastic, the 110 must be really swift.

As your are dutch maybe you can help me, i imported my car from Martin Schilder in Holland to scotland where i live.
Only problem is that they supplied the log books and instruction manuals etc in dutch and was wondering if there was any instructions for starting from cold as i have read some of the american comments about glow plugs etc.

Any help would be appreciated

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

M1KES

Veteran Member
TDI
2008 Golf MkV GT Sport 2.0 TDI 170. Wife's 2016 2.0 TDI 184 PS DSG VW Tiguan Match.
Originally posted by dfh28:

Place key in steering lock, turn clockwise to start engine, drive off.....

I'm assuming here that your PD100 is pretty much the same as my 115 in this respect. So far, in three months and 7,000 miles I've never needed to bother about waiting for the glow plugs.
Things that are more critical however, include oil level....you may experience higher than expected oil consumption initially and overfilling is not good for the cat....the type of oil you use....AFAIK the special synthetic oil which VW stipulates for PD engines is only available from VW dealers....and remembering to let the engine tick over for a wee while before switching off if you've been driving it reasonably hard....this keeps the oil circulating through the turbo bearings, rather than it remaining stationary and carbonising through the extreme heat in the turbo. Best _not_ to blip the accelerator when switching off either as this can lead to the turbo bearings being a bit starved of oil

------------------
Slainte mhor
Mike
Commander and Epsilonian Confederation Liaison to Great Britain and the Commonwealth.

francophile

I don't know when the 130HP GOLF will be available in Europa. The review on my page was from a magazine that already tested the 130HP engine from Volkswagen in Germany...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaco: Does anyone know when the 130PD GOLF will be available in Europe ?
On that site http://www.chez.com/martijn/ there's already a review of the 130 Golf ??

regards,
jaco<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

francophile

You could be right. Either, this magazine had a different idea: Only the 100HP, 130HP and 150HP models are available (in the Netherlands) for the GOLF. We'll just have to wait and see what happens...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eolair:
The 130hp PD won´t be available at all in the Golf. Only the 150hp and the 115hp will be available in the Golf. To get the 130hp you have to go for the Audi A3<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eolair

Veteran Member
The 130hp PD won´t be available at all in the Golf. Only the 150hp and the 115hp will be available in the Golf. To get the 130hp you have to go for the Audi A3

Paris4M115-6

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dfh28:

Only problem is that they supplied the log books and instruction manuals etc in dutch

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should think of resale time and ensure that you ring up VW Holland, stating when and where you bought the car and demand that they send you the appropriate Manual in English. If they appear not to be interested, get in touch with the European Commission until they get interested... I always get this problem with cars supplied for the UK market from France...

Matt

chrisprocyk

Oh, the poor babies.

Excuse me, I have to go kill myself now.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eolair:
The 130hp PD won´t be available at all in the Golf. Only the 150hp and the 115hp will be available in the Golf. To get the 130hp you have to go for the Audi A3<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

francophile

Does anybody know, or have an idea, when the successor of the Golf 4 is coming? The new A3 is based on the old model, does Volkswagen have the same idea for the new Golf?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chrisprocyk:
Oh, the poor babies.

Excuse me, I have to go kill myself now.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DSLPWR

Veteran Member
Do you ever feel like you're a bottom feeder in the diesel car market?

Do you feel like you're an insignificant, overlooked part of the autmotive world?

Do you frequently ponder with sweaty fists who you'd like to throttle first; the American automobile manufacturers or the government?

Do you wonder why you're allowed one automobile manufacturer with three vehicle models and ONE engine type while the rest of the civlized world has access to nearly a hundred different combinations of engines, models, and manufacturers?

Are you consistently strained because you know the best diesel you've ever had is already outdated by three model improvements?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, RISE and Revolt! Now is the time!!

Well, as good a time as any...

DSLPWR

francophile

Yep, here in Holland you can buy all TDI models, 90, 110 from stock, 115 and 150 HP models. I think it's very strange that only the old (sorry...) 90 HP model is available in the United States.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DSLPWR:
Do you ever feel like you're a bottom feeder in the diesel car market?

Do you feel like you're an insignificant, overlooked part of the autmotive world?

Do you frequently ponder with sweaty fists who you'd like to throttle first; the American automobile manufacturers or the government?

Do you wonder why you're allowed one automobile manufacturer with three vehicle models and ONE engine type while the rest of the civlized world has access to nearly a hundred different combinations of engines, models, and manufacturers?

Are you consistently strained because you know the best diesel you've ever had is already outdated by three model improvements?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, RISE and Revolt! Now is the time!!

Well, as good a time as any...

DSLPWR<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

francophile

I'm afraid you're wrong, soon you can get the 130HP TDI engine in a Golf. It's confirmed...

more information: http://www.chez.com/martijn

sprattyken

Veteran Member
TDI
Volvo V70 D5 Auto
There's a good write up in February 2001 CAR magazine (UK).
Anyone would think it was a Golf magazine:
1. Golf 1.8T v GT 115PD
2. New Golf V5
3. Golf GTI PD150
4. Stuff about new TDI engines at the top end etc.
Have a read if you can.

sprattyken

Veteran Member
TDI
Volvo V70 D5 Auto
Just cos they make a 130, does not mean we will get it in all markets. In UK we might not get the 150, although I may well be tempted to import one.
Anyone know how much a 4motion 150 costs in Europe? Also availability? Dread to think about insurance
M

Eolair

Veteran Member
I checked VW Germany´s Car Configurator. There´s no 4motion available (at least for the GTI) for the 150bhp version. The price for the GTI in Germany is 24.900 € (with Climatronic and 4 doors it´s 27215 €). Prices include 16% VAT, and it might be cheaper in other countries with higher VAT or other taxes (like the horrendous 100+% luxury tax in Denmark)

Jaco

Veteran Member
TDI
Polo 1.4 TDi , 04 , black
Thanks for the info francophile, you made my day.
A Golf with the 130 PD engine will be my next ride !!! soon !!

jaco -superchipped '95 golf GT TDi

francophile

Sent me a picture and I'll place it on my site! :) Here are some prices in Holland,
for a 3-doors Golf:

TDI 90 PD Highline 24118 EURO
TDI 115 PD Highline 26024 EURO
TDI 115 PD Highline 4Motion 28157 EURO
TDI 150 PD Highline 28111 EURO
TDI 150 PD Highline 4Motion 30244 EURO
TDI 150 PD GTI 30936 EURO

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaco:
Thanks for the info francophile, you made my day.
A Golf with the 130 PD engine will be my next ride !!! soon !!

jaco -superchipped '95 golf GT TDi
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eolair

Veteran Member
Germany: TDI GTI 150 HP 24.900 €
Netherlands: TDI GTI 150 HP 30.936 €
6000 € difference, although I think yours is better equipped.
Yikes, what a difference. How much VAT do you have in the Netherlands?

francophile

We have 19% VAT, so that is ± 5897 EURO for the TDI GTI 150 HP!

Last year it was 17,5%...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sprattyken

Veteran Member
TDI
Volvo V70 D5 Auto
I understand that because of the torque, the PD 150 needs 4 Motion. It's a lot for our poor little Golfs to handle. Obviously you get traction control etc etc on this car.

Bet the auto box drives well!
Matt

francophile

You can choose between the 150 HP Highline (GLS) version and the 150 HP GTI with the 4 Motion system. But you're right, I also think that you need the 4 Motion system with that torque!!

Martijn.

feto

Veteran Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by francophile:
We have 19% VAT, so that is ± 5897 EURO for the TDI GTI 150 HP!

Last year it was 17,5%...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You forgot a minor detail: the price of a car in the NL includes VAT and BPM! 45,2% of the netto catalogue price is added to this and is called BPM.

------------------
'94 Golf tdi 1Z
'56 Willys M38A1

[This message has been edited by feto (edited January 31, 2001).]

francophile

Yep, you are right. Do you know the German price with VAT and BPM for an 150 HP TDI?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by feto:
You forgot a minor detail: the price of a car in the NL includes VAT and BPM! 45,2% of the netto catalogue price is added to this and is called BPM.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

arktiaxs

Veteran Member
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In Belgium the Golf TDI 150 HP costs
highline 23.153,26 €
GTI 25.111,61 €
including 21%VAT and BPM.

Eolair

Veteran Member
So let´s shop around :):

Luxembourg:
Golf Highline 6 vitesses 21.470 €
Golf GTI 6 vitesses 22.810 €
Luxembourg has 15% VAT.

France:
Golf Comfort: 24.422,33 €
Golf GTI: 26.739,56 €
VAT ?

Spain: not yet available

Austria:
Golf Highline: 23.837,42 €
Golf GTI: 26.796,65 €
VAT ?

Italia: not yet available

Denmark
Golf Highline: 365.600 DK = 46.452,88 €
Golf GTI: 354.898 GK = 47.592,89 €
Prices include a horrible amount of taxes

Belgium:
Golf Highline 23.153,26 €
Golf GTI 25.111,61 €
including 21%VAT and BPM.

Netherlands:
Golf Highline: 28111 €
Golf GTI: 30936 €
prices include 19% VAT and 45,2% BPM

Germany:
Golf Highline: 23.300,00 €
Golf Highline 4Motion: 24.750,00 €
Golf GTI: 24.900,00 €
Prices include 16% VAT, BPM doesn´t exist

UK & Ireland:
not available

Sweden, Finland, Greece, Portugal:
didn´t check.
The only problem is that you have to pay the taxes at home. Without that that, Luxembourg would be the cheapest.
All cars are no extra 2 door models.
Equipments vary. For example ESP is srandard in Geermany, climatisation not.