www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old April 16th, 2018, 05:14   #1
Jimbo70
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Mid 40's
Default New Attorney Marketing Materials?

We turned our Passat in almost a year and a half ago, so this doesn't affect me, but did, as claimed by the postcard I received over the weekend (Emphasis theirs):

"Volkswagen has withdrawn its application for an emissions modification for 2012-2014 TDI Volkswagen Passat vehicles with manual transmissions. This means that the option of keeping your vehicle, having it repaired, and receiving a cash payment IS NOT AVAILABLE"?

TBH, I haven't been paying much attention since mid-January of last year, when we rolled out of the parking lot of the VW dealer I used to work at and headed to the Mazda dealer to pick up my wife's CPO 6, but this was an interesting way to rekindle my curiosity.
Old April 16th, 2018, 07:08   #2
TDIforDays
Veteran Member

Old news. There is no fix for manual Passat and never will be. Its only buyback or keep the car with no money
TDIforDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 07:24   #3
tadawson
Veteran Member

Note the weasel wording in that letter! All the 'ands' trying to mislead! The combination of 'keeping your vehicle' *AND* 'repair' *AND* 'cash payment' is truly unavailable, but simply legally 'keeping your vehicle' *IS* available, since the fix or buyback has *NEVER* been mandatory!

Just one more thing to make people loathe lawyers . . .

Last edited by tadawson; April 16th, 2018 at 19:21.
tadawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 08:12   #4
Jimbo70
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Mid 40's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIforDays View Post
Old news. There is no fix for manual Passat and never will be. Its only buyback or keep the car with no money
Interesting. I haven't paid much attention since we turned our car in last year. Knowing this just reinforces to me that we made the right choice returning our Passat.
Old April 16th, 2018, 08:25   #5
BroncoAZ
Veteran Member

If put in this position I would turn the car in and get a 2015 instead. There is no financial advantage to keeping the unsupported car.

Former TDI’s: 2009 Jetta TDI - traded 09/2013, 2011 Touareg TDI - Bought back 2/26/2018
My Truck: 2006 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins
Wheelin Rig: 1987 Ford Bronco http://www.supermotors.net/registry/13
BroncoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2018, 13:29   #6
BKmetz
Administrator, Member #10

Fuel Economy: 50 MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoAZ View Post
If put in this position I would turn the car in and get a 2015 instead. There is no financial advantage to keeping the unsupported car.
That's what I did. No regrets at all.

If ANYONE receives a PM/email from a TDIClub member shilling anything and they are NOT a registered vendor, please forward the PM/emails to me. To report spam, trolling, or any problem post, click the report post icon. (The icon in the actual problem post, not the one in my sig. The idiots know who they are... )
BKmetz is offline   Reply With Quote