My 20005.5 Jetta blows warm air when cold is called for

dae06

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2005.5 1.9
The other day I was driving with my moon roof open and back windows cracked. It was 75 degrees F. and I was feeling warm air on my hands. I have climatronic system and it was set to 60 degrees and on econ. I then turned the econ off to use the compressor, but it still blew warm air. The only way I got cold air was to turn it one click down to "LO". After playing with it a bit, I finally got cool air at the original settings: set at 60 degrees and econ on. The warm air that was coming out was definitely heated, it wasn't the ambient temp at all.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
It could be that you have a temp sensor going out.

Do you have VCDS? Or know someone with it?

Run the HVAC system test...or at least some of it. See what you get; you can also scan the HVAC controller for codes and monitor all sorts of temperatures.

Tony

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
Great! Post back any questions, issues, or questionable results you come across.

Tony

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Could be the temp sensor as mentioned, or it could also be the temp blend door motor, a/c compressor, expansion valve, or the freon charge.

dae06

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2005.5 1.9
Could be the temp sensor as mentioned, or it could also be the temp blend door motor, a/c compressor, expansion valve, or the freon charge.
I thought of the blend door too. Don't think it would be anything to do with the A/C since I was in econ mode. It was only bringing in outside air and not calling for A/C.

I have not had a chance to check it yet. 12 hour days and a graduation this weekend keeps me pretty busy.

So far it hasn't happened again for two days.

Thanks,