HELP! Car wont turn over...

grtn316

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
I'm trying to leave out of town today and I just finished replacing the head and doing the 60k. When I try to turn the car on, the starter does not try to turn over at all. If I put it in 1st gear with the clutch pressed in it will turn over for 1/2 second...

I tried jump starting it but nothing changed. Anyone got some ideas as to what it might be? I didn't touch any of the wiring.

David

TurbineWhine

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Platinum Grey
Why was the head off the car?:eek: If by "did the 60K" you mean a timing belt change and now the engine won't turn over, I suspect that the car is out of time and you have valves hitting the pistons. If the timing belt was changed, the engine should have been pulled through several revolutions gently by hand, before attempting to use the starter. If you have driven the pistons into valves with the starter, you will get to take the head off the car again.

TW

TurbineWhine

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2003, Platinum Grey
Hi David,

No response.:confused: What's going on with your car? Do you need assistance or did you get your problems resolved? Let the forum know what your current status is. There is a wealth of information available here that can help you get back on the road and save you a lot of money and heartache in the process.

TW

grtn316

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
I got it running. Not sure what it was...removed the started tested it and put it back in and it started working. Car still wouldn't start but it was because I needed to bleed the air outta the fuel lines.

Thanks for the responses.