Tracked the JSW TDI at WSIR

nikhsub1

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf R
The JSW's first track day! Willow Springs International Raceway. Got some SynDiesel fuel for the day, was awesome! Totally woke the car up. The car did really really well, hanging with the Golf R's and R32's without too much trouble... on all season tires too :facepalm: Pics of my prep work :p With proper tires I would have embarrassed lot's of more powerful cars :D

Spdmini

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW
Fun times, I always enjoyed taking my previous Jetta out for a lapping day. Were you able to compare times to the other cars?

:confused: @ your Fuelly. Also, you may need to check #48.

nikhsub1

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf R
Fun times, I always enjoyed taking my previous Jetta out for a lapping day. Were you able to compare times to the other cars?

:confused: @ your Fuelly. Also, you may need to check #48.
Thanks for spotting that, I'm sure it was 7 gallons and not 17 :p I get roughly 30mpg in average (as fuelly shows) here in Los Angeles - where driving mostly consists of going one block at a time, stoping, rinse and repeat. As for lap times, I didn't rent a transponder, I didn't want to as it was my first track day in the car and I just wanted to get a feel - but I can tell you I did pass a few cars :)

FlatLander72

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
Looks Great!

I am going ot have ot find somewhere around here to do that.

I do have one stupid question though. What is all the tape for? I have not seen that before.

m_skena

Veteran Member
TDI
Not Any More!
Everytime I see pics of your JSW I'm jealous of that matte black roof. Surprised you took the time to tape her down but left your bars on.

Happy racing!

nikhsub1

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf R
Everytime I see pics of your JSW I'm jealous of that matte black roof. Surprised you took the time to tape her down but left your bars on.

Happy racing!
What do the bars have to do with taping the front? :confused: The bars never come off, they make no noise and I use them too often.

CurlyDE

TDI
2012 JSW TDI DSG
Time to start hunting for a dedicated track car so that you do not have to tape it. :)