Buy Back Spreadsheet - Track our buyback status

candis206

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having.

I was about a week ahead of your 11/07 date. I got my buy back scheduled

I wish we could switch positions. While I really want to get this over with you are in a tough situation.
Thank you.

That's awesome news! I'm glad you were able to schedule your buyback. It's good to hear that things are moving along for some of us!

As to my car case, it has been rather stressful but I am glad we were able to find someone whom we can trust with a PoA. I still do not feel comfortable with leaving our car behind, especially moving so far away but at least, I don't have to worry about towing the car along in order to turn it in at another dealership.

tarasin921

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Thank you for your advice and information. I am going to contact my state's attorney general because my emails to class counsel have gone unanswered and I'm getting nowhere with VW. My documents were approved over 30 days ago and according to VWGOA claims, my offer letter was generated on November 24.

I thought I'd finally share our experience during the buyback. I did enter my information into the spreadsheet but have not checked it, mainly since nothing has happened.

I registered for the settlement site back in September but did not upload my documents until 10 October 2016. I actually did not know about the requirement until coming across this forum.

On 07 November the document review was completed and like so many others, I am still waiting. We are actually in the process of completing a military move this month and I have to provide a poa to my realtor in order to turn the car in.

After getting nowhere with the claims hotline I finally contacted my attorney general for the state of Virginia via Email three days ago. Yesterday, I received a call back from one of the attorneys at his office, directing me to the plaintiffs settlement group in order to inquire about my process. He also instructed me to call him back if I cannot get anywhere with them. He told me that we have to exhaust the claims number, and plaintiffs settlement route before he can contact the attorneys up in DC. Today, I will call him back so he can go the DC route. He was instructed by the attorneys in DC to first insure that all other avenues have been taken, before contacting them.

He also informed me that VW is still behind. At this point, they are running a minimum of 3 weeks behind the longest stated schedule, which could drag things for some owners out for months. He stated that VW claims to be working on this but that he does not see much progress.

I'm hoping that his contacting of the attorney in DC will aid my case in moving forward as it has been 23 business days and 32 days since my documents were marked complete.

This means that if your documents are behind you need to contact your attorney general's office in order for them to contact the attorneys involved in the settlement.

Hope this helps someone else.

Jltpeke

TDI
Jetta
Just now got my offer. Unable to access the spreadsheet but will try to update my info this evening. Here is my timeline so far:

2009 VW Jetta - Paid Off - 150,250 miles as of today

8/23 - Created Account
10/13 - Submitted docs
10/25 - Docs rejected - co registor not listed
10/27 - Re-submitted docs
11/4 - Docs rejected - names were in the wrong order as registor and co registor
11/8 - Resubmitted docs
11/18 - Docs rejected, I was really getting frustrated at this point
11/20 - Resubmitted docs
11/26 - about 1 AM docs were accepted.....FINALLY
12/09 - Offer letter received.

My husband and I will have the docs notarized tomorrow and upload them also. Luckily we deal with A4 size paper at our office all the time so printing and scanning to fit the pages will be easy.

I am hoping that everyone else waiting and waiting will receive their offers very soon.

dgbull3

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
Finally got offer this morning...docs originally accepted 10/26; emailed and spoke with claims council this past week.

Best part is the offer is dated 11/4. Suppose that backdating let's them state they remained within the 10day window (face-palm). Believe there are others who have noticed this as well.

candis206

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Thank you for your advice and information. I am going to contact my state's attorney general because my emails to class counsel have gone unanswered and I'm getting nowhere with VW. My documents were approved over 30 days ago and according to VWGOA claims, my offer letter was generated on November 24.
I am sorry to hear that you are in the same boat as so many others of us. It truly is amazing how all of this goes unanswered. I spoke to the attorney at the attorney general's office on Friday and he stated that he will contact the DC lawyers, if I do not hear anything by Monday 12/12/16.

00TdiCup

TDI
00 Tdi (sold), '11 JSW TDI, '12 JSW TDI, '11 X5d, '14 E250 bluetec
Just received my offer this morning 12/11, Document Dated 12/9, Documents were marked complete 11/1. 27 business days for those counting. Got a local notary to notarize on a Sunday just to fire this back asap!

One down, one to go. My other sportwagen was marked complete 11/15 and is at 17 business days...

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
Did mine final paper work on 11/29 just called and still waiting on offer 21/12 and told a very long wait??
You cant sell it?
don t dare drive if for mileage?
or some engine failer ?
I feel this is going to drag out!!!!!
got me email today 12/13/2016 and got it signed and notarized and scanned but as I looked there offer has 2 sheets to signed but you can only send one online?? so I faxed both too.

Last edited:

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
I noted that my own entry somehow got the state somehow changed from VA to CA, and the scheduling stats are all screwy showing none in Virginia and 174 in California. I suspect many records were inadvertently changed.

If anyone is on Redditt, you might want to give a heads up to UncrunchyTaco and suggest a restore from backup. 12/09 did not have this problem for my record.

candis206

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Did mine final paper work on 11/29 just called and still waiting on offer 21/12 and told a very long wait??
You cant sell it?
don t dare drive if for mileage?
or some engine failer ?
I feel this is going to drag out!!!!!
I called the hotline today and it now states that once the document review is completed, the owner will receive a final offer "within a month".
Whelp, then I should have mine since I'm at 24 business days from 11/07/16. Oh, maybe they mean within a month only including business days???

Also, it states that the appointment process from the time the buyback offer is sent back can take up to 90 days to be processed. Looks like mid next year now...:(

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Wonder if we can get VW to pay interest on the cash their holding up by delaying these buybacks beyond the court agreements?

blackhat840

TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL BLUE/Black Leather
Well, I finally received that offer I've been waiting for! Can't update the spreadsheet yet as its been giving me the "very popular" error.

7/26 - Created Account
09/16 - Submitted docs
10/17 - Docs Accepted
12/12- Offer received

ColbySeider

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Well, I finally received that offer I've been waiting for! Can't update the spreadsheet yet as its been giving me the "very popular" error.
7/26 - Created Account
09/16 - Submitted docs
10/17 - Docs Accepted
12/12- Offer received
Yeah, I've been getting that message all day too. I've been pretty faithful to the tracker.

Colby
----------------------------------------------------------------
10/26 - Submitted docs
11/3 - Docs accepted
12/7 - Offer Received
12/9 - Notarized Offer uploaded
12/11 - Buyback appointment notice (Sunday PM!)
12/12 - Buyback appointment made for 1/12

Sprockets

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Just received my offer this morning 12/11, Document Dated 12/9, Documents were marked complete 11/1. 27 business days for those counting. Got a local notary to notarize on a Sunday just to fire this back asap!

One down, one to go. My other sportwagen was marked complete 11/15 and is at 17 business days...

Mine were approved yesterday morning as well, so my dates are nearly in perfect alignment with yours...

documents marked complete: 11/07
offer later received: 12/11
offer document dated: 12/09
notarized and signed offer uploaded: 12/12

The end is near!

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I called the hotline today and it now states that once the document review is completed, the owner will receive a final offer "within a month".
Whelp, then I should have mine since I'm at 24 business days from 11/07/16. Oh, maybe they mean within a month only including business days???
There's no such thing as a "business month," so both you and I should have had our offers already (I'm also an 11/7). Mine has supposedly been with the auditor since 11/17.

This whole thing is beyond a joke at this point. Ten days is very clearly stated in the settlement, but that hasn't stopped them from coming up with arbitrary new timelines that better suit their malfeasance. And, really, why shouldn't they? There's no indication that they're being penalized, so they might as well drag it out as long as they can.

shovelhd

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
Almost over.

Docs submitted 9/17
Docs approved 11/8
Docs notarized 12/8
Appointment scheduled 12/12
Appointment date 1/5

tvmaster

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
Almost over.

Docs submitted 9/17
Docs approved 11/8
Docs notarized 12/8
Appointment scheduled 12/12
Appointment date 1/5
after docs are notarized, how long could we legally drive our cars for until scheduling an 'appointment'?

shovelhd

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
after docs are notarized, how long could we legally drive our cars for until scheduling an 'appointment'?
I don't understand your question. VW doesn't own your car until the appointment when they sign the papers. As long as your car is registered you can drive it right up until the buyback appointment.

jwbtdi

TDI
2012 Golf
I guess the backups have to be restored regularly ... I have entered my info twice and it's gone again. Well whatever. I see that three out of thirteen people in California with the same document completed week as me have got their dates scheduled, so I'm hopeful to get mine in the next ten days or so.

Big Red

Veteran Member
Appointments filled fast

Wow, Got acceptance offer early last week. Took peek at appointments at my local dealer. First was 12/30, then several slots the first week of Jan.

I didn't know the family scheduled so I logged off. Came back the next day, first appointment was 1/13.:mad:

coers

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW JETTA TDI, BLACK EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR AND 6SPD MANUAL
Just got my offer email today!! woohoo have to go get it notarized today. For those that already got it, does the notarize person have to do the notarizing in both spots on the paper? Kinda confused about that since it shows two witness notarized spots..

Passat15

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE - Sold to VW
Just got my offer email today!! woohoo have to go get it notarized today. For those that already got it, does the notarize person have to do the notarizing in both spots on the paper? Kinda confused about that since it shows two witness notarized spots..
It's my understanding the second witness is in case your car has two owners on the title. Both owners on the title will have to sign the paper, and the Notary will sign as witnessing to both signatures and notarize both places.
I only had myself as the owner, and had the notary sign and notarize the top part only. It went through and now scheduled for 1/5.

coers

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks.. Yeah I am the only one on the title. So then on the co-registrant printed name and down I can leave all that blank? And then I only have to sign the top signature? Want to make sure I get this right. Hoping to get this all done during xmas break, but i wont hold my breath,
It's my understanding the second witness is in case your car has two owners on the title. Both owners on the title will have to sign the paper, and the Notary will sign as witnessing to both signatures and notarize both places.
I only had myself as the owner, and had the notary sign and notarize the top part only. It went through and now scheduled for 1/5.

DieselFairy

TDI
2015 Jetta SE
Just got my offer letter, finally! I can't get into the spreadsheet to update -- too popular. I'll be printing it out and heading to the bank today. Just to clarify, this is what I've seen so far:

1) Make sure the notary uses a print stamp (embossed doesn't always show up)
2) All 7 pages must be in one document when uploaded
3) Signature for each registrant (I'm the only one).

Anything else I'm missing?

MaczPayne

TDI
2009 Volkswagen Jetta
The spreadsheet isn't working, so I'll report here:

2009 Jetta Sedan TDI 136000 miles, financed through VW Credit

Docs submitted 10/18
Docs rejected 11/30 (expired DL)
Docs uploaded 11/30
Docs accepted 12/2
Offer letter received 12/14

coers

Veteran Member
TDI
Got my offer papers notarized, scanned to pdf and combined to one doc and uploaded and sent off.. Hopefully i'll get a date to be at the dealer soon. It's nice someone here at work has a notary so I could just go to her.

The spreadsheet won't work for me if i click on the link. But if I got into my gmail, and go to the apps selection in the top right and open that and go down to sheets, click on that and open the TDI documet it'll open there real quick for me instead of loading.

jwbtdi

TDI
2012 Golf
Sheet is working for me, but slowly. Just got my offer this morning, 12/14 with docs submitted 11/29.

KMBTDI

TDI
2014 VW Passat TDI SEL
Spreadsheet is responding very slowly
#1094 KBTDI

Documents submitted 10/1/16
Documents accepted 10/30/16
Offer received: 12/10/16
Offer docs uploaded to portal: 12/10/16
Offer docs accepted: 12/14/16
Buyback scheduled for 1/17/17.

Passat15

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE - Sold to VW
Thanks.. Yeah I am the only one on the title. So then on the co-registrant printed name and down I can leave all that blank? And then I only have to sign the top signature? Want to make sure I get this right. Hoping to get this all done during xmas break, but i wont hold my breath,

Yes, you can leave that blank. I couldn't get in till 1/5. Hopefully yours will be quicker.