What should i pay for this 03 wagon?

nomorotors

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 5-Speed, 01 Jetta 5-Speed, 02 Jetta 5-Speed Conversion, 04 Passat 5-Speed Conversion, 05 Passat 5-Speed Conversion, 05 Passat Wagon
My $02: I think, in general, interior condition is usually a pretty good indicator of how a vehicle has been maintained. This wagon looks nasty. Also the owner didn't even bother to wash it before taking pictures of his super duper rare ride.

I say skip it and snag a wagon from here. You'll have to travel, but it'll be money well spent.

Paramedic had a nice wagon for sale on here. He usually sells nice TDI's.

-Jason

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
A better question would be what is the condition & availability of the white B4V in the background?

Rxfire

Veteran Member
TDI
2 each 03 5 speed Jetta wagons, 1 NA Isuzu P'up (a keeper)
I think I can read the shop sign "Sonoma Autowerks"

Anyone in the neighborhood?

Given the mileage, the fact that it does not have a sunroof (a plus in my book) and work claimed to have been done...and the fact it is in CA, I would say $4500 to $5000

Remember, fuel prices go up, Mk IV's price goes up

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
Assuming you want this type of car, and assuming that the service history of the car is documented and verifiable (i would absolutely have a trusted mechanic look her over as well) I don’t think the price is bad. If the interior were pristine, I’d pay more for it. I’d offer 3-3500 since the interior is junked a bit.

That being said, I don’t understand this laziness in taking the pictures before cleaning it. He mentions he’s going to clean it and bob loblaw... so why not do it first. Is it laziness or is there something more going on... It may be sheer laziness, but then if he’s too lazy to clean it before posting it for sale, how can i trust that he wasn’t lazy with maintenance or other issues.

Tres bizarre.

drsven

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6-Speed
Looking at that ad, is that the same car in both pictures? Ski racks and tinted windows in one picture and the second has no racks and doesn't look to have tint in the rear window? :confused:

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
i just went to see what you were saying about the two pictures and now all the pictures are gone... I smell something fishy. I say run away

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
Whenever this happens on a too good to be true ad, I do a check for the same sale ad title on google. If I find it in multiple cities, I'm assured it's a scam.

drsven

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6-Speed
i just went to see what you were saying about the two pictures and now all the pictures are gone... I smell something fishy. I say run away

Yes I noticed all pictures are now gone. The other thing I noticed is that one picture was taken from a repair shop parking lot and the second from a home or apartment. Buyer beware.

Last edited:

zanzabar

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta BEW 5spd (dual duty track car and daily driver beater)
Wow, that is a lot! ShiftyPowers, I live nearby and could check it out for you. Unless you absolutely HAVE to have a wagon, you can find one for much much less.

BUT, if you can live without a waygon you should buy my 2004 sedan for 1/2 the price!