Cluster EEPROM flash GTA

andru365

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI BRM
I have a used Mk5 Immo 4A cluster that I'd like to be flash back to virgin state.

Any recommended shops or individuals in the GTA that could do such a thing?

Thanks!

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
By virgin state, do you just mean reset the odo to zero so it can be installed in another vehicle? I think I can do that.

Member 2.2TDI can also do it IIRC.

Last edited:

andru365

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI BRM
By virgin state, do you just mean reset the odo to zero so it can be installed in another vehicle? I think I can do that.
Yes that is exactly what I need. Are you able to do this on a cluster not installed in a car? I'm basically trying to make it into a new cluster so that I can do the swap and adaption without needing to buy Vag Tacho of Vag Commander

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
I can reset an odo to zero, however I can't reset the cluster to virgin state so it doesn't require vag tacho or commander to program in a new car. I've also never worked with immo 4 clusters, only 2 and 3. If the cluster is from a different car then I think you need an eeprom flash software that is independent of vag tacho or commander, which I don't have. I know my brother in law said he has such a tool and told me it can reset bricked clusters from improper hex coding. I can ask him what it's called

If there is another way to reset to virgin state without a eeprom flasher, I wouldn't know about it

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I have an adapter to program IMMO 2 & 3 clusters on a bench, but not an IMMO 4. It would have to be in car.

andru365

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI BRM
Ok thanks everyone. I think i'm going to try and do the swap by pulling the SKC off the old cluster using ebay Vag Tacho or Vag k+can Commander. Then swap in the new cluster and read the SKC off that using the same tools.

Then I will adapt the new cluster using my legit copy of VCDS.

At this point I should have a working cluster with incorrect mileage on the odometer.

I'm wary of using one of these knockoff programs to write to the EEPROM in order to correct the mileage. It may brick the cluster, I've heard.

Are either of you using legit software? If so it would be great if you could help me out assuming I make it to having the clusters successfully swapped.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
When I did my conversion I didn't have a bench tester so I had to swap clusters in the car to retrieve skc. I have the ebay knock off of vag commanader and it worked great... I wouldn't use it on my 2015 mk7 though (I don't even want to know how complicated new clusters are, although someday I may swap a gti cluster in my car) as I said I haven't worked with immo4 so I wouldn't know what to do and it's been a couple years since I've done a swap. However if you want I can lend you my vag commander cable, don't even know if it'll work with immo4