B110 Intake Test Results

backhoeken

Veteran Member
Well the test has started.

Over the last 6-9 months a number of people have asked for someone to test the intake cleaning capiblities of B100. I said I would step up and try it.

Well the test started today.

Facts:
- 2000 Jetta TDI
- 68168 miles
- 95% highway driving
- Typical speed 65-70 MPH (sometimes higher if I have a fire/medical call to go to)
- Typically 22-2400 rpm
- Average 52-54 MPG depending on head wind ect...
- Normally I fill up at the local (sunoco) truck stop that has a very high turn over of fuel.
- Moble Delvac 1 used since last free oil change at 20K
- Oil changed every 10K miles +-200 miles
- Toyo Ultra 800 15" tires on standard alloy rims
- Typical commute is 160 miles per day all Massachusetts 495 traffic (not stop and go)
- Everything factory orgional (tried 2.0 MAF) and went back to TDI MAF
- No CCV or Epision modifications performed
- Only modification was to add (behind the grill) red flashers, air horn, and external antenna for 2 way radio.
- Nothing broke except glove box hinge
- Intake opening down to 1 inch (sorry digital camera broke so I cannot take pictures)
- Made sure the car was almost empty (100 miles past alert)
- Fuel filled to top of neck in filler tube (also vented to eliminate that varible)
- Just changed fuel filter at 60K with standard VW filter.
- Reset trip odometer
- Got the fuel in Maine at Solar Mart (World Energy)
Over the next month I will give regular updates.

Also worth noting the guys at world energy were really excellent to deal with, and very knowledgable. I would recommend anyone in the North east to hop up there for B100. (they charged me a 6 pack to stay open after 5pm althought I helped drink a little) Just wish I did not have to drive 2+ hours one way to get 30 gallons.

backhoeken

Veteran Member
Update #1

Pictures to follow

Summary after 1st tank (to low fuel alert level)
- MPG went down to 49
- Smoke - none
- Responsivness - no difference
- change in intake gunk - YES !!
It appears 10%+- more open, I have pictures but cannot get them attached.
- Driving habits - no change - still jumping on it (3500 +- rpm's) to get on the freeway and then 2200 normal

Need some more B100 after the next tank full but so far this is working like advertised and is cleaning the intake.