1998 VW Beetle TDI Colorado Springs, CO $2000

98BeetleTDI

TDI
1998 Volkswagen Beetle
Hello,

I am currently trying to sell my 1998 VW Beetle TDI. I just joined the military and I no longer have room for all of my cars.

The reason the price is so low is because I got into a fender bender and I have not had the time to fix it. It needs a new front bumper, front bumper grille, new fog light housing, new fog lamp bulb, new gas latch switch, and the latch to the back seat is stuck in place.

I have, however, replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel sending unit, EGR and AGR valve cleaned, all new fuses, new battery, new brakes, and more.

I would love to give this car a good home. It has been on purely synthetics right down to the tranny fluid. I will post some pictures of the car as soon as I possibly. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you all for your time.

GIDDY_UP_GO

Veteran Member
TDI
10 Jetta 13 Beetle Convertible 15 GSW
Sounds like a good price! Wish you were closer! (Wish I had a dollar for every time I said that on this site!)

Anyway, how bout some more details.......

Mileage, tranny, last time timing belt was replaced, interior pics?

Thanks

98BeetleTDI

TDI
1998 Volkswagen Beetle
I know what you mean, I myself have said those same words.

Well, the bug has a little over 192K on it. The timing belt was replaced when it was suggested, I think it was around 130k maybe a little later than that. To be completely honest, the previous owner, my father, replaced the T-Belt while he owned it. I do know that it was replaced though. I apologize if that wasn't a lot of help.

As for the tranny, the tranny fluids were replaces last year with all synthetics and it is the original tranny for the car.

I apologize about the lack of interior pics. I plan to do some cleaning and post some pictures really soon.

98BeetleTDI

TDI
1998 Volkswagen Beetle
Sorry, about the lack of updates everyone. I have been extremely busy since I joined the military. I would like to mention that the car is still up for grabs. I will will keep trying to get those interior pics.

98BeetleTDI

TDI
1998 Volkswagen Beetle
Hello all, I apologize for the long pause in my posting. I am still selling the car. I plan to take some pictures of the interior while I am on leave from work. It really is a good car, it just needs some TLC.

98BeetleTDI

TDI
1998 Volkswagen Beetle
Hey everyone, sorry about the long wait. This car is still for sale. I just want to put in a little update. I did get some pictures of the interior. Unfortunately, I was not able to finish the interior seat detailing.

One last note, this car does not have insurance or registration. I currently own too many vehicles and couldn't afford to keep this one insured or registered. I apologize for not mentioning this before. I thought that I did but, looking back in the posts, I did not. I hope that, despite this hiccup, there is still some interest in this great vehicle.

98BeetleTDI

TDI
1998 Volkswagen Beetle

98BeetleTDI

TDI
1998 Volkswagen Beetle
Hello again everyone. I apologize about the huge gaps in posts. I have an update. I took the car to a technician and he changed the oil in the car as well as clear the car for travel. He mentioned to me that the left headlight appears to be acting up but, other than that, it is driveable. This is the best time to transport the car too because there are no worries about snow. If anyone is interested in taking this great car home, please feel free to contact me.