www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Conversions

TDI Conversions Discussions on converting non TDIs into TDIS. More general items can be answered better in other sections. This is ideal for issues that don't have an overlap and are very special to swaping engines.

Old May 23rd, 2019, 18:12   #166
ToddA1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Dismal

Wow, you dredged up an old post. I haven’t plated anything since that batch, lol. I’ve been considering making a basket plater, to speed the process.

In TDI news.... nothing. I’ve been driving the new GTI, every chance I get and I’m in the middle of assembling a larger engine for it. It’s been stealing all of my attention.

-Todd
ToddA1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2019, 07:13   #167
Steve Addy
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 97 Mk3

So did you finish Goldie or did you cast her aside for this new pretty thing...that's getting a larger engine?

Old? It was just beginning of April...that's hardly old in my book. Old post for me is like responding to a 5 year old one...but really not recognizing it as being 5 years old...lol

Steve

the magic triangle spins in the peanut and then apex seals come out
Steve Addy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2019, 19:58   #168
ToddA1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Dismal

That Jetta harness post was from last summer.

Lol, calling me out about the lack of project progress ?

Goldie aka Göld Rüsh, hasn’t been forgotten.... I walk past it, every time I go into the garage. Her time will come.

This new GTI is far from pretty, but it is stealing all of my spare time. Got some seat parts back from the upholstery shop, and installed the EBay heating pads and reassembled the front seats.

Modified my window regulators and wired up the B3 relay box. Got the PS window working and buttoned up... maybe I should start a build/sell thread for this car.

-Todd
ToddA1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2019, 20:30   #169
jhax
Veteran Member

Oh Todd, you are among the very few great threads I look forward to seeing updates on. I look forward to seeing progress in the years to come. Can't put a time limit on the ones you love. God speed sir.
jhax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2019, 23:08   #170
Steve Addy
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 97 Mk3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddA1 View Post
That Jetta harness post was from last summer.
Lol, calling me out about the lack of project progress ?
Goldie aka Göld Rüsh, hasn’t been forgotten.... I walk past it, every time I go into the garage. Her time will come.
This new GTI is far from pretty, but it is stealing all of my spare time. Got some seat parts back from the upholstery shop, and installed the EBay heating pads and reassembled the front seats.
Modified my window regulators and wired up the B3 relay box. Got the PS window working and buttoned up... maybe I should start a build/sell thread for this car.
-Todd
Not being critical, just posting up wondering what was going on. I know too well that sometimes situations change and we have to alter course.

I hope that Gold Rush doesn't get forgotten now with this other GTI that showed up!

Steve

the magic triangle spins in the peanut and then apex seals come out
Steve Addy is offline   Reply With Quote