FS: 2000 Jetta TDI 5sp

RickMiley

This is an original Florida car that has been in Tampa its whole life with the exception of the winter of 2001 in CT. The car has been a spare for a couple years and it's time to thin the herd.

The stats
1.9 TDI, 5 speed manual
260,000 miles
Silver exterior
Gray cloth interior
Electric moonroof
Electric windows
Alloy wheels
Aftermarket CD radio

The good
The engine and drivetrain are excellent. Oil changes at 5K miles early on, and 10K miles later. Always with the proper diesel rated full synthetic oil.
Body is free of any significant damage
A/C works perfectly
Interior is relatively clean - I'm a nonsmoker and don't have children.
Sunroof works perfectly
Timing belt last replaced at 240K miles in 2013.

Recent work
While the car sat too long, the IP lost prime so I had the seal between the pump body and pump head replaced.
The dash was torn out and the ventilation blend doors repaired a couple months ago.

The bad
Steering wheel is off center - whether from the dash work above or alignment, I'm not sure.
Needs front struts
The clear coat is starting to go
Only the front passenger window works correctly. The driver's window motor has a mangled gear so it doesn't always engage. The rear windows need their clips replaced.

The Price
$2000

I've been a member here for a long time and post under my own name, so you know I'm real. Please contact me by private message or use the forum's email feature if you are interested.

Also available
1982 MB 300D Euro - $1500

Last edited:

RickMiley

Back up for sale at $2800. The driver's window is now fixed, and the car has brand new Bilstein shocks and struts all around. Alignment took care of the steering wheel and the car is ready to drive across the country.

Moesauction!

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2001 tdi 423,000 sold:[ , 2003 tdi 425,000 lower ryder hot rod 17/22 520rc southbend clutch. 2005 mercedes cdi 232,000 sold , 2003 7.3 ford 586,000 miles.
Could you email or text me at
moeauction@yahoo.com
918-633-0838

I cant get pictures, for some reason it want me to pay to look at them a membership.

Last edited:

RickMiley

Finally sold this morning for $1800. Mileage was 262K.

The deal has been in the works for a few days, but I didn't want to jinx it by posting too soon. He flew down from Chicago last night, stayed at my house, and is driving the car back up there today.

mac11

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Passat
Finally sold this morning for $1800. Mileage was 262K.

The deal has been in the works for a few days, but I didn't want to jinx it by posting too soon. He flew down from Chicago last night, stayed at my house, and is driving the car back up there today.

That's crazy. I was going to fly down from Chicago. Congrats to you. Back to the board for me.