2012 Jetta exhaust options?

Hotwheelbill

TDI
2012 Jetta DSG
Sorry, but doing a search on my phone is a pain!!
I see no one that does a full turbo back 2.5". So I am looking at AFE cat back 409 from XDP for $300 on sale. Autopartswarehouse 2.5" high flow cat for about $60. Then I have to find a shop to do a down pipe and fab the front half. Does this all sound right? Better ideas? Looks like the AFE has no muffler????

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
Nope because it would completely violate Federal law and render the car "Un-taggable" in all 50 states. The ECU will trigger multiple codes and the engine will never perform properly without the multiple sensor inputs.

FWIW, the OEM exhaust system flows enough that VW had to incorporate a restrictor motor to vary the restriction under certain operating conditions...it flowed too well!

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Do you have some really radical Horsepower mods? If you don't, then a bigger exhaust will do nothing for you. Get a chip tune instead. And please, don't get one of those ridiculous cold air intakes either.

Hotwheelbill

TDI
2012 Jetta DSG
No I have read about how well the intake is but not the exhaust. Just used to having to change exhaust first to lower egt's.
I was not planning a tune until the warranty is up, about 1.5 to 2 years for me.

Things that make you go......huuummmmm.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Might as well leave it alone until you can get the ECU remapped. That's the only thing quasi-legal that's worth doing. There's nothing worthwhile to be found in the cat-back exhaust system, and all the catalysts have to stay in place for the car to stay emissions-legal.