98 Jetta TDI in 18077

blanknight87

TDI
'98 Jetta
So I'm mainly gauging interest for my car.
As the title suggests its a 1998 Jetta Tdi, it has just over 207k on it
I'm the second owner, that said i have a SLEW of paperwork for it, (receipts, etc..)
5 speed, original clutch, but still grabs like its new
I recently put a set or WRD coil overs on it, paired with HD rubber strut bushings in the front and poly in the rear, also HD control arm bushing.
Black Interior is minty, have boost gauge installed with a 42 Draft Designs pod next to the iPod Ready Pioneer Head unit i installed.
Custom Black and grey shift boot
Timing belt and pulleys replaced ~10k ago
SUNROOF
power locks
manual crank windows
cruise control
ICE COLD A\C
Pa inspection good until May 2015
I love this car, never had a problem with it, starts and goes every time.
Now the bad, as expected, she has quite a bit of underbody rust, more than i feel comfortable tacking myself, hence this posting.
Fuel Gauge doesn't work.
Front tires need replacing, rears are still very good
i hit a guard rail last summer and didn't bother replacing the fender(pictured). Tie rod bent, any other damage was cosmetic.
As far as rust goes, there is a hole in the floor behind the passenger seat, the gas door is starting to hang a bit and the kicker is a lot of the front floor pans are fairly crunchy, to the point where i am hesitant to jack it up. the passenger side is the worst. I had new rockers put on earlier this year, the pinch weld was pretty much gone, so they were installed with angle iron, which created some decent jacking points, especially in the rear they are really handy.
Im sure I've missed a lot, so PLEASE feel free to ask questions, and i will try and get a few more pics up later

EDIT new development: It seems as though my oil pump/intermediate pulley is seized!
PRICE $1200 OBO, my loss your gain, come and get it, now located in 18064

http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery.php?cat=6175

Last edited: