Wretched Resale

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I'm not sure that resale value will be great for new ICE vehicles in general in 5-6 years. I very nearly bought a new gti last month, but decided against it due to reliability and resale concerns. Instead, I picked up a super clean '10 golf with the 2.5 I5 for one fifth the cost of the gti. I can get 5 bosch fuel injectors, coil packs, and plugs for about $250 if I want to give it a tune up at some point.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
I'm not sure that resale value will be great for new ICE vehicles in general in 5-6 years. I very nearly bought a new gti last month, but decided against it due to reliability and resale concerns. Instead, I picked up a super clean '10 golf with the 2.5 I5 for one fifth the cost of the gti. I can get 5 bosch fuel injectors, coil packs, and plugs for about $250 if I want to give it a tune up at some point.
The I5 seems to be a good engine. You probably made the right choice from a reliability stand point. From a financial stand point you absolutely made the right choice.

Z85rado

TDI
2015 Sportwaged TDI
if the TDI wagons did not go on sale at the exact moment they did we likely would be in a Subaru forester now due to needing a wagon and wanting(needing) a manual.

I did not like the engine/tranny combo of the Jetta TSI we traded for the TDI.

This is not a 6 speed is superior to 5 in all cases either. I prefer the 5 speed in a jeep to the 6. I felt like I was always either in too tall or too short of a gear.

The 6 speed with the TQ in the TDI is perfect.

A friend and his wife got her a TSX wagon which is a niiiice ride.. she can't drive stick tho so more options.

bbfarmer

TDI
2015 GSW
Why didn't you take advantage of vw's generous buyback offer?

The implicit deal from 2015 has been : "we at vw greatly devalued your car, so we will offer to buy it back at a value that will make you whole"

If you decided to not take advantage of that, isn't it kinda your fault?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
yeah but that's like 12K and 10 beaver pelts once you convert the currency.