TDI 2.5", 3" stainless turbo back exhaust, 1.8T downpipes, 17/22 turbos, egr blockoff

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
'01 Golf 2.5" Turbo back w/high flow cat and one resonator shipped to B'more? The 12 year old exhaust is starting to rattle.

Last edited:

BuzzKen

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
Thanks, I'll be ordering soon. Any chance that you'll ever put a system together for the B5.5 Passat?
Sounds good. Chances are slim, but if there is enough request, it could happen for the Passat

Last edited:

BuzzKen

TDI
CR Jetta/Golf downpipe+midpipe preliminary pricing:

2.5" straight pipe $500
2.5" with resonator $560
2.5" with high flow metallic cat $680
2.5" with resonator and high flow cat $740

2.5" Jetta catback with muffler and tips $460
2.5" Golf GTI valence catback with muffler and tips $520

Golf/Jetta wagon will be available later as well as all 3" depending on request.

Downpipe install kit will include egr filter blockoff plate/gasket, turbo gasket, dielectric grease for the unused flapper plug

I will get pictures up in a week or so when the downpipe is in final production.

All prices are cdn and any shipping to the U.S. won't have any surprise duty/customs fees.

-Ken

Last edited:

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
Hi Ken,

Have you tried and would you recommend an Aero Turbine muffler?

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Chev Silverado 6.6L Duramax
You can add me to the B5.5 interest club for my 05 Passat TDI Wagon. :) Any further info or development? Thanks!

BuzzKen

TDI
MK5 Jetta CR. Now available.

This setup, 2.5" with 1 resonator and 1 muffler produces surprisingly little sound, while being non restrictive. It passed the wife test with flying colours. She didn't even notice it was on the car.

Last edited:

uwjberg

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Very interested in trying the downpipe on my MK6 Jetta since it appears it will bolt up to the stock exhaust. Is anyone running this setup with just the downpipe and the stock cat back? If so, what is the sound like? I really like this option since I can always upgrade the cat back system as time and funds allow.

Mykl8

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf TDI 5spd, 2015 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
Here are some pics of my install...

For all those that are interested I went with 2 resonator setup. There is a slight drone at highway speeds 110km 75miles but I like it.

I guess I will have to wait till the spring when the roads clear up to really hear it though...

GaryTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Beetle TDI 5MT
Amazing how much this improved throttle response on my modded 2002 Beetle TDI. Thanks Ken! My mechanic who installed this for me said it was really easy and the craftsmanship was excellent. This really was the last piece needed to make all my mods work in harmony. I can't wait to get my car dynoed now.

BuzzKen

TDI
Meh... Why not...

FREE SHIPPING for all U.S. orders placed and paid now until December 2

Including CR exhausts:):)

Last edited:

BuzzKen

TDI
How much is shipping to Quebec city normally ? How noisy is the 2.5" turbo back with metallic cat?

Postal code?

I would go with at least one resonator and the metallic cat. It will have some bark to it, but not be overly loud.

cr4zy3lgato

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2000
G1P 1V4, I drive a lot, so I do want something that's not too noisy... could you tell me how much is the black Friday rebate, might wait for next summer...