TIG welding shop for A/C line customization

Reddok

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Jetta TDI 01M, '02 Jeep Liberty Renegade ALH TDI swap
I need to get some A/C fittings customized for my TDI swap. Just a couple of small tig welds on the aluminum fittings is all I'd need. Does anyone know of a place that might tackle a small job like that in the Hamilton/Burlington area?

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Open your yellowpages under welding and call the closest one.

Reddok

Veteran Member
TDI
Open your yellowpages under welding and call the closest one.
Hey, thanks, can you do that for me? And while your at it, can you ask them all if they do A/C lines? And small little jobs like that? And aren't too expensive? :p Sorry, that's why I posted here, I was trying to save a bit of time calling and some cash as well.

Surely someone knows a little shop that has a guy that can TIG up some lines for cash...

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Figure it out on your own or maybe I should simplify it a bit for you. ANY welding shop shoud be able to help you. That's what I did when the 928 needed a custom weld on the water pump. I called a few and went to the closest one that did TIG.
Even the larger/mass pruduction shops will do it if you give them enough time.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I told you what you need to know, what else do you want? Your smartass remark after my post didn't help your cause dude!

Reddok

Veteran Member
TDI
Your smartass remark after my post
Actually you started with the smart-assed remark. How else did you intend your first post to sound? And even after I explain exactly why I asked what I did, you still persist... Please stop unless you can provide useful input on what I'm asking.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
My comment was not a smartass one......for whaterver reason, you interpret it that it was. You went on the defencive and haven't stopped since. I'm not a mind reader and don't know what you do or don't know. Having said that, I'm done helping you. Good luck with the project.

akafred

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 jetta TDI
i just tig welded the lines in my wife's beetle then someone plowed into her.. if you are willing to drive to grandvalley i would attempt to weld them.