TDIFest 2010: Hotel Info & Reservations

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Sorry, folks. been out of the loop these last 2 weeks, as I've been moving. I always seem to move during fest planning *sigh*
Deneg, while I'm sure Neo would be great company, I think I'll still to sharing a room with my fellow organizers.

I'll call central booking and our contact at the hotel tomorrow to find out what's going up then post and update. Again, my apologies for the delay.

a friendly reminder to all: IF YOU ARE BOOKED AT THE HOTEL, POST HERE SO WE CAN COMPARE NUMBERS WITH THE HOTEL. Thanks! :0)

UPDATE: Just called central booking to confirm the room block. they did tell me that there were only 7 Kings and 9 Queen rooms available. I'm waiting to hear back from the hotel directly to correct this issue. The hotel is large and there shouldn't be an issue. Overflow booking goes to the Aloft hotel down the street. There's should be more than enough space for everyone for the weekend. I'll post more when the hotel gets back to me.
thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Update to the update: Spoke with the hotel and they've since cross referenced all 3 of their booking systems and they all agree... we've got plenty of rooms available. When Dane and I both got similar messages, i checked the info and found out that was indeed incorrect -but should not be a problem now.
I've also been reassured that there will be plenty of space avialable at the sheraton for our entire group, as another group they had staying that weekend, just canceled, so we're being allowed their room block for our pricing. This is good news! :0) We're still a go for booking.

Also, one of our members was charged $109 for room pricing, that's also been changed back to $99. so you're all set. Please continue to let me know if any other questions or concerns pop up. Thanks!

daneg

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI Jetta JSW
Zippy_car said:
Update to the update: Spoke with the hotel and they've since cross referenced all 3 of their booking systems and they all agree... we've got plenty of rooms available. When Dane and I both got similar messages, i checked the info and found out that was indeed incorrect -but should not be a problem now.
I've also been reassured that there will be plenty of space avialable at the sheraton for our entire group, as another group they had staying that weekend, just canceled, so we're being allowed their room block for our pricing. This is good news! :0) We're still a go for booking.

Also, one of our members was charged $109 for room pricing, that's also been changed back to $99. so you're all set. Please continue to let me know if any other questions or concerns pop up. Thanks!
Sounds good, thanks for checking into it. I will make sure I change my reservation to one room. See you there. :)

Brokk

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 GLS TDI JETTA
Room Booking:
1. Lug_nut (Jon Bartlett)
2. Leo1819
3. Daneg
4. whatnxt
5. grcarlo
6. Brokk (Curt)

Just booked online by using the link in the first post for the nights of Sept. 2nd - 5th. Worked like a charm and was able to enter my SPG # to get rewards credit for the stay.

Pace

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta Tdi & 2006 Jetta Tdi
Count me in

:)
Brokk said:
Room Booking:
1. Lug_nut (Jon Bartlett)
2. Leo1819
3. Daneg
4. whatnxt
5. grcarlo
6. Brokk (Curt)
7. Pace [Mark Jeffery]
Still have my 98 Jetta Tdi from new with 231,000 mi. on it. Just picked up a precisely enjoyed 2006 Jetta Tdi last week. I have been waiting for a closer TDIfest for about 12 years now. Count me in Thanks.:)

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Reserved 1 room for just Thursday night. 1 room for Thursday - Monday.

vw4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
One room booked by me Saturday night 1 night only, reserved online. Seemed to mention TDIfest rate the whole process. easy-peasy

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Hotel Room reservations update!

FYI - due to the high demand, the Sheraton PDX has graciously increased the number of available king rooms available for reservation for TDIFest...again! :eek:

We have 10 more available as of this moment, but ONLY 10 more! so if you'd like to book your room and get this suite, you must do so ASAP -or if you're looking to upgrade you're current reservation you may do that also. This is a limited quantity item, so it's first come first serve. :eek:

Thanks, Everyone! :D

Last edited:

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Ok, room booked (had no kings left so got a double queen) for Sept 2nd through 6th :D

MrVermin

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
I registered. Can we buy the other items the day of the events, such as Saturday bbq. Not sure what my plans will be.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
I registered. Can we buy the other items the day of the events, such as Saturday bbq. Not sure what my plans will be.
Unfortunately due to the caterer's needing food numbers early, you will not be able to order any onsite meals at Fest. We are required to give the hotel food orders no later than 4 days in advance of the event.

But other things are available, such as Drag Racing, as they are off site and handled by an outside company.

bbq

TDI
2005 Passat GLS TDI
Booked Fri--Sun (will need to leave around lunchtime Sun.)
And I count 108 other folks also registered!

Last edited:

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
darn, I cannot make it! I have to be in Germany for work and I will pick up my new Audi A6 Tdi 3.2fsi quattro diesel while I am there! Hopefully customs will not give me grief when I bring it in!