Where to find the 04 center console thing?

cardetailer18

TDI
02 VW Jetta GLS TDI
Does anyone know where I can get a Beige Rear Center Console with cup holders for my 2002 VW Jetta GLS TDI. I also would like to get a beige leather wrapped e-brake, so I don't have to bend mine. ECS Tuning only carries black. Thanks!

Sharkey

TDI
2005 Golf TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI
Hi All,

I've resurrected this thread as I've scoured the interweb looking for a grey rear center console kit and can't seem to locate one at any of the mentioned vendors. Does anyone have a link to a supplier who might have one?

Thank you!!!

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jolf GLS TDI - Reflex Silver (purchased 2011) | Previously: 2001 Golf GL TDI - Indigo Blue (sold 2005)
Hi All,

I've resurrected this thread as I've scoured the interweb looking for a grey rear center console kit and can't seem to locate one at any of the mentioned vendors. Does anyone have a link to a supplier who might have one?

Thank you!!!
I'd keep an eye out for used ones on eBay (I found a black one but not a grey one). Sometimes you could also find wreckers on eBay parting gray interior cars and message them directly. I've found parts that way in the past since they don't post every part they have. Also, ask AArodriguez (fixmyvw.com) if he can get one. Looks like they may no longer be available.

Best option is swap your interior to black ;)

flash9

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon GLS 5-Speed, 2003, White
I know this a very old thread, but it is the best one I was able to find.

I want to remove my Center Console Extension from my 2003 Jetta.
I can not figure out how to access the two screws boxed in the image below:

If my center console was like the one in my Bentley Manual I could find them, but my 2003 has a different design and I can not figure out how to get to them.

Would it become obvious if I removed the armrest? :confused:

DIESELMAN3500

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI,2006 vw tdi jetta,2003 vw beetle,2003 vw golf
if you have the ashtray you must remove the red tray upwards and you will have access.
Since you have the cupholder you must slide the cupholder out towards the rear of the car, it moves on a gear track. There aren't any tabs to press just gently walk it out and the screw holes will be right there.

flash9

Veteran Member
TDI
Since you have the cupholder you must slide the cupholder out towards the rear of the car, it moves on a gear track. There aren't any tabs to press just gently walk it out and the screw holes will be right there.
OK - Pulled it up and out and removed the cup holder.
But I do not see any screw holes anywhere?

Last edited:

flash9

Veteran Member
TDI
OK - Figured out that I needed to pry up the plastic track the cup holder rides in. :eek:

rsperson

TDI
2002 Jetta
wish I could find the "cap" that goes in the hole for the arm rest. Replaced my console with a junkyard pull that was virtually perfect - just needed to be cleaned, same color too :) fleabay is good for that. Just put a pair of washers under the right side of the handbrake mount to tilt it a bit - just needs another tweak to be just right

RexNICO

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Tiguan, 2011 Q7
wish I could find the "cap" that goes in the hole for the arm rest. Replaced my console with a junkyard pull that was virtually perfect - just needed to be cleaned, same color too :) fleabay is good for that. Just put a pair of washers under the right side of the handbrake mount to tilt it a bit - just needs another tweak to be just right
I think you’re referring to the “arm rest delete”, shouldn’t be too hard to find either used in the classifieds (here or vortex) or new from ECS, etc.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...-with-rubber-storage-insert-black/1j0896328c/

where2

Veteran Member
TDI
One '13 JSW_TDI & One '04 Variant_TDI