Abs+esp

kantush

TDI
passat 100HP
Hello everybody ,

1 month ago, i bought myself a 2002 Passat TDI , 130Hp , with only 72,500 Km (48,333 Miles) .

Lately , the ABS+ESP yellow lights turn on suddenly . It happens without any explanation , This is not happens consistence .

At the garage , a computer has been pluged in and said something about a sensor under the wheel . That sensor was replaced (100$) and it still happens.

Can it still be that sensor ? can anybody tell what is the problem ? maybe there is a problem with one of the brakes ? i realy hope that there is no problem with one of the computers (ABS,ESP).

Thank you very much , and sorry for my little bad english.
Besides that - the car is great ! very powerfull and brings me joy.

kantush

TDI
passat 100HP
Lose cable

Hello gdjohny ,

First , thank you for answering.

Telling you the truth , when i cleaned the interior of the car a few days ago , i found a disconected cable under the driver's seat . Im sure that this is not an original cable and it looks like a loosen cable from any local installation probably .

Anyway , as i said , this phenomenon is not constantly happens.

gdaniel

TDI
2005 Passat
The wheel sensors produce a electrical charge when the wheels are rotating . You can easily pull the front ones out and clean them . I am going to replace one of mine because there is corrosion on the metal and the electrical charge won't go through the sensor . It is round with a black wire coming off it. Pull on it and turn it at the same time and it will come out . The back ones are different . The wheel has to be taken off to get to it I think . Hopefully that could fix it .