My 99 Jetta GLS TDI

cars wanted

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS-TDI, 2000, white/beige
Hey, Stinky-D is right! This looks like a gas-burner's instrument panel. The speedometer also shows up to 160 mph, rather than the 140 mph that I'm used to seeing, now. The dashboard also looks entirely black-on-black, rather than the 2-tone dashboard I expect to see based on the other photos. What gives, AJ?
By the way, I love that apparent red on beige color combo on this Jetta. It would have been my first choice, except that Golfs are absolutely unavailable in this combination.

PEPO

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta GLS TDI
SURE! thats a gas burner!!!! no wonder Didn`t
post any pictures from the Back!!!!Theres no
TDI Badge Back there!!!! Its a wannabe!!!!
the tach and speedometer talks by it self....

[This message has been edited by PEPO (edited November 08, 1999).]

ENUTPEN8

Veteran Member
hahaha...looks like Weitoff's brother-in-law suckered him in over his head. hahaha Maybe this is the new V6 spark-ignition diesel. Nyuk nyuk nyuk. Good expose, PEPO etc. Driveon...NickatNight

------------------
'71 green Super Beetle w/Hurst & header (94mph); '99 green/tan A4 Golf GLS TDI automatic, lux.

Norman

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf GLS, '03 Wagon GL
It also looks like the steering wheel has a factory leather cover..hey, is this thing a VR6 Jetta GLS, or something?

It's still a nice car though!

JeffT

Veteran Member
Hey, so what happened to AJ? You guys scare him away? I was fully expecting him to prove that it really was a TDI and that they put the wrong DASH in or something but I guess he really is a "wannabe." But why, he has a nice car?

Comeon AJ, show some guts and fess up! What's the deal????

AJ

Ease up boys... I been busy.

The Club Volleyball season is ready to take off. I'm a coach for 30 14 year old ladies on the side so free time is a luxury.

My retort... Yes, I HAVE A TDI! And Todd Scott is clearly the smartest one in the group. I lifted the interior shots from the VW website because my interior shots sucked. The reason there isn't a pic from the back is the ones I took have a yellow reflection from the elementary school where I took the shots for the site.

------------------

BUG*PWR

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
AJ That's a beauty! I bet you love commuting now like the rest of us. I was thinking of moving futher away from work to increase my commute.

------------------
It ain’t the horsepower it’s the Torque !

..........|
........-^-
....-/_____\-
...(O\__o__/O)
...[#]oxxxo[#]

Norman

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf GLS, '03 Wagon GL
Bug*Pwr, you've got it wrong, you're supposed to job hop and get further and further away from where you live!

AJ

Yes, the commute is SMOOTH.

As for moving farther away, BUG*PWR... you need help! Serious professional help.

I just love pulling up to the diesel pump and talking to other drivers. I get the "that's a diesel?" all the time and boy, I love telling them how little it cost and how stellar the gas mileage is. They freak. IT IS SO COOL.

ThinkDiesel

Veteran Member
I can relate to the love of the commute! I am actually disappointed most of the time when I get to my destination.. I love this car! I have actually been known to circle inside parking garages in first gear with my head out the window so I can listen to my TDI growl in the ideal concrete acoustical environment... Am I nuts? My friends say I am, but what do they know, they drive mere mortal gasoline-powered wussy cars...Mwa ha ha!!

------------------
ThinkDiesel

1999.5 Jetta GL TDI