Tdi oil Consumption

tdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta 2015 sel grey / black interior
Curious to know How often you’re adding a quart of oil 2015 Jetta TDI using about 1 quart every 5000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
That's a bit more than normal, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it. In your other oil thread you mention using an oil additive. I'd suggest skipping the diy tribology, and try using a good 507 like mobil1 esp 5w30 for the recommended 10k mile interval.

tdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
No oil additives decided to skip. The original oil in car when purchased from dealer was Castrol 507 have added 2 Quart of liquid Molly 4200 extended life in 13,000 miles did a oil analysis everything is in the go to continue-longer Service intervals goal is 20,000 miles before oil change . The oil filter are designed for 30,000 miles if at 20,000 miles oil Analysis looks good I will continue another 10,000 to make it 30,000 altogether.

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
It might be a good idea to pull the boost pipe going into the intercooler and see if a bunch of oil pours out. You might be losing the oil through the turbo. That sort of consumption is more normal in Europe where they run extended intervals. Could be coincidental.

tdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
What would cause the turbo to do this ?

tdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
It’s not time ... tbn on oil analysis was 6.0 still

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Look at it this way. You're relying on an oil analysis to tell you the oil is fine beyond the manufacturers's recommended change interval. But your car is, for no apparent reason, consuming oil. To me it makes sense to change it and see if the consumption stops.

tdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
I would say that higher speed and higher rpm are the root of oil consumption not a thing with change intervals . I did read a lot of oil consumption on Vw Audi products speacial 2.0 are much more than I’m experiencing my quart in a 5000 miles is low Vw suggest in normal range for oil consumption out of range would be a quart every 1,000 miles

Last edited:

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
pretty normal

I save my drain oil and use it for top ups, at a drain interval of 10k miles I tend to use about half of the gallon jug I save, so that's right on par with your numbers