2016 TDIFest So Cal Bid Work Group

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Anyone here interested in putting together a bid to host the 2016 TDIFest in Southern California?

It will take a group of 5-7 committed volunteers to put a successful bid package together. Getting that planning group of workers together is the most important step. So, if you are interesting in joining this group of workers, please drop me a p.m. and post your willingness to work with the group here.

The 2015 TDIFest had about 125 members attending, the last TDIFest in the Western region, 2010, in Portland had 150 members attending. I suspect a So Cal Fest could draw at least 150 members, most of them would be first time TDIFest participants.

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
John, I agree that we could put on a good fest on the west coast.
I hope I'm not the only one. I could probably find time to help, too.

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
too far to help John. Apologies. Especially with us opening up the shop. Will attend for sure. I was going to aim for helping get a Tahoe Fest for next year....but not sure I'll have the time to dedicate to it. Go for it :)

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Is there anyone else out there intersted in bringing the 2016 TDIFest to Southern California?

To put together a successful bid we firest need a core group of planners wheo can work together to build the bid package.

If your are willing to join the group and in the SoCal area - please post here and send me a p.m.

Thanks,

Rhdthing

TDI
2.0 jetta sportwagen
This being my first post I would love to see it happen on the west cost and so cal is a hop skip and a jump for me if you need any help just ask and Ill do what I can from nevada

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Do you have a prior years bid package to work off of?
Getting a bid package from Fred is not a problem. We have spoken and emailed Fred about that. Fred is quite willing to supply the past bid package and had given me an older general outline that came from the Portland 2010 convention.

Getting a core group of 6 or so people who can meet regularly and put the bid together is the first step. Hopefully we can find the people in San Diego, Orange and Los Angeles Counties. Send me a P.M. with your email and phone number if you are willing to participate, please.

Should add that VeeDubTDI has been very good at answering all my questions in this big thread:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=438694

JSWTDI09 and I looked at several San Diego properties a few months ago that had given us bid for a 2016 TDIFest in San Diego in a reasonable price range ($110-120). Hotel bids came from the San Diego County Tourism office.

Based on past TDIFest attendance, there is a perception that most of the attendees will come from within a 750 mile distance. So Southern California will not draw much attendance. (from the Easterners).

JJ

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
..... most of the attendees will come from within a 750 mile distance. So Southern California will not draw much attendance. (from the Easterners).
JJ
Thanks for inserting the qualifier word "much". There would be some, but probably not a large percentage of attendees would make the trek from the right (correct) coast.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Gentlemen,

Really need to hear from local (SoCal) TDIClub members who would be willing to work in a planning group to put on a 2016 TDIFest here in So Cal.

We need a total of 6 or 7 people who can meet to put a written plan together for the 2016 Bid together.

Anyone interested? Please send a p.m. to me

Thanks,