Shore GTG II Sept 29+30?

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
Hey guys,
Anyone interested in a second Shore GTG the weekend of September 29 and 30? The H2O national gathering is being held in Berlin at the racetrack that weekend too. Let me know and if there is enough interest I can start to get things in order. This place is really wonderful in the fall.....

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
This might be a little too soon after tdifest for me.. (If I go to tdifest) I was kinda planning on loafing around the midwest after the gtg, but if I'm here, count me in! this time, I wont bring a camry!

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
Mel, H2O is a big regional VW enthusiast show. Lots of VWVortex types. Different from a TDIClub GTG but still lots of fun. This year (as with last year), its being held at the racecourse (horses) in Ocean City.

RC, I'll be there with wife and hound in the tuetonic wagon. The Fest just isn't going to happen for us this year.

brownnugen? Where are you? C'mon, lets have the wagons set the pace here. Show these young upstarts what a GTG is all about.

Tomo? We'll let you bring the benz if you've managed to flog the Passat by then.

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
What!!

After blowing it off for all this time you're going to pull a switcheroo on us? I'm jealous.

The forces of shrinking vacation time and Mr Amex and Mr Visa have basically cut us off at the knees.

golfstream

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf, 2000, Black
Hi RC,

I'm still trying to get to my first GTG. Unfortunately, Sept.29 does not work for me. OTOH, Oct.6 does, if that's a possibility.

Thanks,

Mel

PS, What's the H20 National Gathering? Is it harness racing or something else?

Beowulf

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Jetta, 1998, Green
I might be able to make Shore GTG II.

Hey MM, Mr Visa keeps calling me, too. He seems to really like getting mail from me, and gets impatient when I don't send it to him on time. Really makes me feel special.

If anyone on the way to TDIFest gets lost/stranded in Phoenix, I'll be there until the 18-SEP, languishing in the desert heat on a business trip.

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tomo366:
I am out for this one. I may be going to the
Fest!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did`nt think it possible to have a GTG east of the Mississippi without Tomo! What are we going to do?

car 54, I`ll have your BBQ lighter for you upon your return.

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
awsome RC. Im skipping tdifest to buy a motorcycle (dont laugh at me). Im also buying an old Amida light tower (the big lights you see at construction sites). Im gonna rip the lights off, and use the kubota engine and generator to make a small scale portable biodiesel processor. It has sufficient space inside for tanks and mixing area, and the engine will produce the heat to warm the mixture, the electricity to power the pumps, and will also act as a generator if you need it. They have 3-cyl 20hp kubota diesels, so the whole rig will be powered with the biodiesel it produces. boy will this be a fun toy to tote around to gtg's!

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RC:
[QB]I did`nt think it possible to have a GTG east of the Mississippi without Tomo! What are we going to do?

[QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oops. this might be a boring gtg without tom, who else will tell bad jokes and make fun of everybody?

BRBarian

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Five Golf TDIs!
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by car 54:
who else will tell bad jokes and make fun of everybody?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I can do that....

Actually, I'm still a maybe for this one (too soon to tell), but I'll try to make it...

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
erm.....

First Offence......nah, got past that long ago

Frequent Offender......closer, but still no cigar methinks

Faulty Organs.......well, my liver complains sometimes, and when you get to Tom's age, who knows

Fleeing Oppression.......hey, I don't know Tom's wife, so I'm sure she is a wonderful woman, and see no reason why he would want to flee. I would have paid good money to be fly on the wall when he suggested the Fest though

Fart Openly.......yep, me and the sootmonster both. So?

I give up Tomo. Help a brother out, eh?

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I just found out I have to go to a wedding in Jersey that weekend...... so unfortunately I will for sure not be able to attend.. Sorry RC! I am still trying to get to the Fest but i don't think that is going to happen either.

[ August 27, 2001: Message edited by: tomo366 ]

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
Tom, I didnt know you called me matt. Usually you recognize my presence with a simple "HEY FAT BOY!!!" so, lay off the "matt" and youll eliminate the confusion

weedeater

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Baltic Green
The last time I tried to grow biomass in my basement with all those high-powered lights, I had to explain it all to the 'Federales'...

Hopefully you won't have the same problems.

brownnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI, 2011 JSW TDI & 2018 Atlas 2.0T S
I would love to go but that is unfortunately the same weekend of a wedding that I have to go to.
-Nick

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
I'll be in my home state of Utah for most of September, then returning on the 28th or 29th, just in time for another surgery a couple days later.

I'd love to get out to the Eastern Shore again and meet many of you good folks!

whitebelly

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW
i'd like to attend, but like others, i still may go to utah. if so, i wouldn't be able to make this.
how about pushing it back a week or two?

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Ron,

You know I'd be there in a heartbeat, but unfortunately I will be at a Conference that weekend. If it gets rescheduled then count me in!!

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
OK, this is what I hate about hosting on of these things. Looks like a good deal of you can`t make the 29/30 Sept date. Lets start a poll to see what works for most of us......?

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
C'mon RC, you didn't really think it was going to be that easy, did you?

Pretty much any weekend is good for me, except for the 13th of October, which is the Seagull Century. Although come to think of it, that might work too, I just have to fit a 100 mile bike ride in on Saturday. Salisbury to Assateague and back, via Berlin and the long way round. Hey, we could have the TDI's run as sag wagons for the riders
. Given the amount of time I've spent on my road bike this year (null), I'll probably need it.

I think it may be a good idea to move it, seeing as most people that might have come appear to have other commitments already. Some of our newer local members need to bring their pride and joys to meet the rest of us freaks.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I think that would be a good idea too(moving dates that is). I think that there will be a alot of Idiot Vortexers acting a fool in town that weekend anyway!I am going to a GTG in Mass. on the weekend of the 6th I am available after that.Can anyone say Thrashers and Boog'S !!

Tom

[ August 28, 2001: Message edited by: tomo366 ]

sonnylowe

Veteran Member
Hi Guys,

Sonny Lowe here from Upsolute. I have plans that weekend, but would maybe be able to switch things around if this goes on. Another weekend would be great though. I could come out and hang with the guys and maybe even through in a few chips if you want. I'll keep checking back for progress, hope to be able to make it and meet some semi local Dub guys

Sonny

Judson

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
I for one would love to meet up with someone from upsolute to be able to get chipped. I've paid for the chip already, and made it down to Williamsburg, but had to skip it due to the gf.

Jud.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
RC,

I'm free till October 28th!! I will definately set aside time to visit out there again.

Lito