Fuelly app for Android

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Got the Android app for Fuelly, actually packaged with aCar, and I fill in all the info but I cannot figure out how to save it. Filled it out after a fill up today then closed the app and it never showed up on the main web site. I had to go to the website and enter it all again. Anyone using the Android app, what am I missing.?

My_name_is_Rob

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 A4 Quattro
Does it show all your mpg and other stats for the fuel up before you close it? I use the app and don't have any problems with it.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Does it show all your mpg and other stats for the fuel up before you close it? I use the app and don't have any problems with it.
I just started using it and this would be my second fill up but the first fill up was entered on the main web site. The app did show my info like my starting mileage etc it just didn't save my inputs and I didn't see a save button or anything

My_name_is_Rob

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 A4 Quattro
All the way down at the bottom, below all the other info to enter, is a button that says "add fuel up".

That's like the save button. After you click it, it gives you a breakdown of your last fill up, and saves it into your log entries.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
I do have that button on the actual web site but not on the Android app. Today I tried it again and my phone synced the two successfully even though there was no save or add fill up button. I just filled in the info and a minute later it was on the website. Maybe I closed the app too soon yesterday

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Here is a screen shot showing the android app. I scroll all the way down and "notes" is the last item, no "add fillup" button anywhere. I tried it again today with no luck. Had to enter it on the main site. I think I will just delete this app and use the main web site from my phone, everything will be tiny and will have to expand for entries but the app is a joke IMHO. Unless I am doing something wrong.:confused:

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
That little icon at the top-right, immediately to the left of the "..." in a circle.

Back in the olden days, there were these things called "floppy disks" - it's where you saved your files/work because hard drives didn't exist yet (let alone USB sticks).
That icon is what they looked like.

That'd be your SAVE button. :D

Last edited:

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
That little icon at the top-right, immediately to the left of the "..." in a circle.

Back in the olden days, there were these things called "floppy disks" - it's where you saved your files/work because hard drives didn't exist yet (let alone USB sticks).
That icon is what they looked like.

That'd be your SAVE button. :D
Well I totally didn't see that, thanks a bunch! And unfortunately, I do remember those floppys.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
In your defence, using a floppy to indicate SAVE is about the same as using a galloping horse icon to indicate "faster". Just poor and/or lazy app design there.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I just text mine in and fill in anything else I need later. Much easier. MPG is the thing to remember when doing it. Miles Price Gallons.

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
Same here, texting is SO simple. :)
I just text the following:
403 3.65 11.11 #6 4oz

where,
403 = miles driven since last fillup
3.65 = price/gal
11.11 = # of gal pumped
#6 = pump number (optional)