Topic posts sometimes too large for monitor screen

dparnell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Anyone else have this problem? On some topics I have to left/right to read the posts. I can do a reply and it's back to normal.

dparnell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
3 A**WIPES in a row---Anybody want to be constructive? I'm NOT really in to computers yet.

------------------
Forum's only distributor for nasty pills and suppositories---call me Snake

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
Yes I have that also, but with only a couple of people who post, and with a 21 inch monitor set at 1280 by1024 I can pretty well
see all posts, but some even edge out on my monitor which should really be a treat on a smaller one. About 1 in 20 misses the mark

dparnell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
TR, THANKS---I'm getting the idea now. Size of the monitor is moot. Never had this problem before---they(Fred?) must have changed something on the forum software.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Ahh, I get what you are refering to now, Dparnell. The issue is when some people post images, they post them larger than the recommended width of 640pixels. (Please keep image width to 640 or less).

When these large images are posted, those with smaller monitors (and lower resolution) will have to scroll left and right to read the text below. This even happens to me when viewing certain posts on large 17"+ monitors.

S

SkyPup

I am running a 21" color graphic monitor at 1,200 X 800 pixels and it still goes off the end quite a bit. It is not a matter of resolution on the monitor, graphics card, etc, it is due to the absolute number of pixels in the image and the number of pixels the monitor is set to run at. Since there are so many different monitors out there, all pictures should be posted at 640X480 pixels at 72 dpi.

T5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
T5 Transporter 2.5
I'm new to (and not very good at) computers too, but I assumed all veteran members would have seen this topic aired fully by now. Hence my none too serious comment.

Lay off them nasty pills!

dparnell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Brodie, NASTY pills WORK!!!! Winston C used to take them

------------------
Forum's only distributor for nasty pills and suppositories---call me Snake