wiring diagrams

mrpat2

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta 2001 green, 1999 beetle tdi blue
Does anybody know if wiring diagrams are available such as the Valley forge style (not the Robert bentley style that have the track numbers). I have a 2001 Jetta TDI.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
The pdf links above are from the Bentley Factory Service CD and it is a very hand tool. The little blue cameras you see are linked to a component picture on the CD and that helps out immensely.

mrpat2

Veteran Member
TDI
I tried those links- they dont seem to work. Keep getting an error while loading. BTW I have the bentley factory CD manual and it does have the little blue cameras that show pictures but the issue I have is with the "current track numbers". They dont seem to link up with where theyre supposed to go. For example on the glow plug circuit, a box is shown with the Gp, and a wire going in and a wire coming out, with the ones coming out going to track numbers 15 thru 18. I know this isnt so because there is only one wire going to the GP. Also on the GP relay, there are little boxes wich should be track number continuation, but in this case 10 and 133 whch also dont go any where. Im used to the other style of WD (valley forge) wich show the power flow top to bottom. Hence my ? about other WD styles.

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
I'm looking at my Bentley CD now. Let me clarify something.

The 4 glow plugs are labeled as Q6. There are two wires coming off the glow plugs going into the glow plug relay because they are on two circuits. The one that is labeled "10" on the other side of the glow plug relay goes to Fuse #2 on top of the battery. The one that is labeled "102" goes to Fuse 32 on the fuse panel. The third wire labeled "71" goes to the ECM.

The row along the bottom of the diagram that has all the track #'s just below it is the common ground connection. Any wire that runs to it is going to ground. The glow plugs each have a wire coming off them that goes to ground. You may not see it, but it's probably in the wiring harness that goes to them.

mrpat2

Veteran Member
TDI
This doesnt prove out on my car.. I followed the GP harness back to where it became 2 wires and tested them- they both get power when cold (-30F). So there isno ground wire going to my GP. I also asumed that the GP relay gets its main power from one of the fuses on top of the battery but those are listed as #126 pr 17. where does that # 10 pick up again?

mrpat2

Veteran Member
TDI
ok I figured the bottom line connection is ground. But the "track #" has nothing to do with that. Its a continuation from another place.. for example lead off from the gp relay "10" goes to track # 10 wich shows the main fuse on top of the bat. Lead off #8 goes to track #8 which then connects to ground. Lead off# 133, tracks to connnector a71. Lead offs e and f go to the ECM. So now , where is the rest of a71 and where is the other half of that connector? Unless its a dead end?