Ryan P's Euro TDI Parts - Intakes, TIP's, R32 DSG Snorkles, Turbo's, Injectors etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Adapters arrived yesterday. Thank for the fast shipping Ryan.

I can also tell that they work in mk4 golf 4motion when used with afn manifold. We have been fitting one to a ajm golf today.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
No problem! Do you have some pictures Hannu?

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Adapters arrived yesterday. Thank for the fast shipping Ryan.

I can also tell that they work in mk4 golf 4motion when used with afn manifold. We have been fitting one to a ajm golf today.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
I thought these adapters WOULDN'T work in a mkiv?

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Great stuff, I did not think that it would fit in there! How much room is there for the actuator? Ill test fit again in my mk2 and the mk4 tomorrow!

slow-moe

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
IMO, for MK4 it's better to use an adapter plate mounted on 1Z manifold. That moves the turbo around 2" closer to engine.

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
And that manifold flows like crap compared to AFN mani. There is plenty of room for the actuator especially if you clock the CHRA so that the oil return is tilted slightly towards the block. Adjusting it will be whole another story tough :D

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
A3Q,A4Q, Passat Biturbo TDI
And that manifold flows like crap compared to AFN mani. There is plenty of room for the actuator especially if you clock the CHRA so that the oil return is tilted slightly towards the block. Adjusting it will be whole another story tough :D
:) I have spend several hours ajusting mine..
What about downpipe to this turbo? Intrested to se pictures of that.

//Theo

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
^ that is the third time in about a week I have heard the AHU manifold flows like crap. Is there science behind these comments, or is it jus common sense from looking at it?

Hatemi, this is being mounted in a 4mo? Do have pics of the down pipe you are gonna use or not yet?

Lastly, do you think the stock electronic actuator would fit in there?

Cheers,
-Chris

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Luckily I dont have to do the downpipe for this :D I know it will need some creative cutting and welding.

The AHU/AGR manifold just looks like it. Sharp angles and weird bumps inside the collector part of it.For 1756vk I would and have used one but for the larger units I believe it would hinder the end result. Even the AFN manifold is rerstrictive and for max power I would still use tubular manifold. That is if I hadn't gotten so lazy ;)

As for the electronic actuator I dont know how it would work out. I have a strong feeling that it would have to be mounted inside the cabin....

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
I have checked the fitment of the AFN Manfold with the Adapter flange, and it 100% won't work in a RHD car.
It might fit in a LHD vehicle but I don't have one here to check :/ I think the main issue will be that everything else needs to be custom made, the TIP, Oil Lines Boost Pipework. It may also foul other parts of the car. Is hard to say without one here! The actuator would also be VERY close to the bulkhead.

I have finally had chance to lay out a complete kit to show people what they would be getting:

We have revised the downpipe with a longer Flexi (6") and less bends than before, we have also added a mandrel bend.

The manifold also has some slight revisions to aid flow and fitment around the inlet.

Thanks!

Ryan

Grede

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Citigo, Hyundai I30 1.6diesel
that is one nice kit, every time i look at it i hate my self more and more for buying PD150 injectors... they work good with my VB on the AXR PD100.
But som GTB2056VK+R783/better should make my 80km drive every day a bit more fulfilling.
Ryan the injectores on darkside dev homepage, what are they rated at ? with stock inject duraction ?

1bdtdi

TDI
'05 Passat TDI ..air intake..soon a tune from TDTUNING..no problems ever..
Hey I have a 2005 Passat TDI BHW that I'm lookin to get a turbo upgrade for so just wonderin if there's one available.

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
Hey I have a 2005 Passat TDI BHW that I'm lookin to get a turbo upgrade for so just wonderin if there's one available.
If you don't mind getting rid of the stock airbox, then an adapter plate from Ryan will fit the bill. If you want to keep the stock airbox, then you have to get rather creative with a modified manifold and new lower motor mount.

I can tell you though, a BHW with race 783's, colt cam, and a 2260vk is one wild ride :D

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
that is one nice kit, every time i look at it i hate my self more and more for buying PD150 injectors... they work good with my VB on the AXR PD100.
But som GTB2056VK+R783/better should make my 80km drive every day a bit more fulfilling.
Ryan the injectores on darkside dev homepage, what are they rated at ? with stock inject duraction ?
I can't give out figures just yet but we estimate these are giving the same or more fuel as maxed out PD150 injectors when running factor SOI and duration!

See below:

If you don't mind getting rid of the stock airbox, then an adapter plate from Ryan will fit the bill. If you want to keep the stock airbox, then you have to get rather creative with a modified manifold and new lower motor mount.

I can tell you though, a BHW with race 783's, colt cam, and a 2260vk is one wild ride :D
Yeah this is the same thing we noticed, I dont think it's a big deal to ditch the airbox and fit a paper cone filter, heat shielding would help too.

I can imagine, even on stock injection and about 2 ton fully laden the Avant rips it up! I'm still trying to get him to fit larger injectors!!

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Lots of parts in stock!!

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Well now I have GTB in my Passat too. I used the adapter plate from Ryan, but still opted for butchering AFN manifold and changing the angle of the flange slightly. Now stock airbox and itake fit and with all the covers on its really hard to tell if the turbo is stock or not ;)

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Nope. My welds look so damn horrible so I didnt take any pictures of it :D In essence we just cut it and made the angle of the flange bit different so that the turbo almost touches the engine mount. And welded it so that its sligly sideways (exhaust more to the passenger side) That way we got a little more space for the actuator. The only thing that needed modifying was the main power line that runs under the airbox. We just ziptied it in different spot so its not that close to the exhaust housing.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
R32's have it, more noise at WOT i imagine!!

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Yep. This exhaust is from V8 S4 and the actuators are for partly bypassing the rear boxes. IIRC they are open without the vacum hoses connected and IMHO are very silent.

glitdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdi asv motor in a mk3 golf, om642 in a wk jeep
cheeky

Ryan I know you are busy with your star wars thing lately ...Darkside developments :p ;) :D
But I was wondering about a few things, Roadside assistance kit, from what I recall there is a few more bits and pieces in the boot than what we get here. Medical kit, any extra tools, triangle etc, flares, and also I have seen some sort of plastic cover that fits over the Styrofoam piece to keep the tool kit and tire anchored. I would love to give you some more money for these if you could let me know if you can get your hands on these and what all is available.
Also I was wondering if in Europe the bora's come with a center armrest on the mark IV's in the middle of the rear seats like the mark V's in N/A. If so any ones available with the awful mouse fur interior of my Jetta?
I can send you a pic of my interior... any other little Euro goodies you have lying around that might interest me?
I would love a homelink sun visor however your steering wheels are on the wrong side in the uk..
Pm me or respond here which ever you prefer...
:D
Thanks again for the parts.. Finaly in the car and being put to good use..

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Hey Joe,

If you want anything can you PM Ryan right away and we can split shipping (help us both)?

Also, your interior code is "CM" and yes, you can get a rear arm rest for it. However, you would need a new seat back frame to accept it, etc. Best best would be to find one of the ones on German ebay (normally about 200€ plus shipping). Then either find front seat to match the fabric, or buy new rear fabric to re-wrap the rear seats (it will be euro-only fabric for because of the armrest, so ~400€ for the fabric alone). Either way, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

From what I remember the MKIV seatbacks with arm rests are REALLY rare in the UK (however, Ryan MAY have one?).

Euro homelink visors are RARE. Way more rare then finding them from a passat here. I saw one on german ebay a week ago (so of course it was the nice euro one with no stupid airbag decals) and the guy wanted 250€ which he got :eek:

Cheers,
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.