Back with another TDI

red loctite

TDI
2000 Jetta 5 spd
Hey y'all. Been a few years since I've had a TDI. I picked up an '00 jetta with 435000kms. It's in ok shape. It came with a boost gauge/egt gauge which I'm glad it did. It's been deleted and tuned. infact it comes with a kerma q loader which I am trying to figure out. The last owner decided to put some tune on there that makes almost 30 psi of boost! No wonder he replaced the turbo. So, i am trying to talk to kerma to see what i can do. Other than that, it runs great. No cel. I do need to replace the lower control arms and 1 tie rod end. One of the previous owners Installed aftermarket headlight assemblies. They are hid and one doesn't work so I'll be replacing them. I look forward to getting great fuel mileage again

z14ben

TDI
2000 Jetta
Nice! Would you only replace 1 tie rod end instead of both? I used to work at an auto parts store and it pissed me off when someone bought only 1 and there was an uneven number left in stock :D

ajoncar

TDI
2000 jetta tdi, 2003 jetta tdi wagon
You'll need to turn off the kerma tune with the qloader, or live with the tune (way better than stock I'll bet) buy a new tune from kerma for about $500usd. I also bought a mk4 with a kerma tune, emailed back and forth, and those are the options, unless something has changed in the past year.

red loctite

TDI
2000 Jetta 5 spd
Didn't think it was that much for a tune. Damn. It is nice having the boost gauge. I just make sure I keep it below 15 psi. I'm not looking to pop a turbo or head gasket

Andrew Dale

TDI
MK4 TDI Golf
no need to go all the way back to stock, why not just leave it at a modest 20, surely its sturdy enough to handle 5 over stock....i know the BEW engine can handle a little extra

red loctite

TDI
2000 Jetta 5 spd
I have no problem adjusting the pressure of my foot to control boost too. I dont need to tune me for that��