Body parts

workinman

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta 2001 Jetta 95 Dodge diesel 4x4
I had a deer impact on my 2002 TDI Jetta and I going back with it now , I had a 2001 Jetta that had a bad motor and it was in poor shape any way so its a parts car now , I used what I could but I need to buy the front bumper , rubber cover and foam support , grills assembly , head lights assembly , I was told that I could get glass lenses some where . Wheel liners side markers lights . ect . I would like to know if there is a place you trust that will give you a decent price with parts that will fit and not fall apart . I don't mind giving a fair price I just don't want to get romanced lol . Thanks for any advice on a good vendor , Not VW dealer lol

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
I saw a set of glass lenses on Amazon for 60 bux...I've used the kkmoon plastic ones and they were good for cheap, lasted almost 3 years

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

kcunniff

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf GLS BEW (5spd)
With the side marker lights, my suggestion is to get them from the VW dealer. My aftermarket experience saw them with constant moisture inside and eventually the lens separates. Recently installed the genuine VW parts - perfect. They are not that expensive, around $24 each. P/N: 1J0 949 117

workinman

Veteran Member
TDI
With the side marker lights, my suggestion is to get them from the VW dealer. My aftermarket experience saw them with constant moisture inside and eventually the lens separates. Recently installed the genuine VW parts - perfect. They are not that expensive, around $24 each. P/N: 1J0 949 117
Thanks guys i appreciate the advice

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Don't hesitate to try the stealership, haggle if you can. Car-Part.com, if nothing else has a great database, may help you find someone near you.

workinman

Veteran Member
TDI
Don't hesitate to try the stealership, haggle if you can. Car-Part.com, if nothing else has a great database, may help you find someone near you.
thanks I appreciate it

U4ick

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
MK4 Jettas with complete undamaged front ends are plentiful and cheap at wrecking yards.

workinman

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jettas with complete undamaged front ends are plentiful and cheap at wrecking yards.
Thanks I appreciate the advice . I called World Impact and ordered what I could , very good to work with , I see what I can get from a salvage yard , if that does not pan out I just use ebay

workinman

Veteran Member
TDI
Most of that can be inexpensive at the junk yards. U pulls are often negotiable.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
I went to a salvage yard today and I could not find the correct color but I did find a nice grill assembly, very nice head light assembly , inner fender liners, and a few other parts . I might of bought the parts for the same price on ebay aftermarket but this is vw parts so I decided to use them as I think there better quality . I been better off finding the same color but I going to have the fender and hood shot any way so at least the car will be back together . The front of these cars are pretty cheap plastic and now I know why a deer will scrap them out . I hit a line of wild hogs in my piece of crap Honda civic work car and it only bent the tag bracket lol , Of course its a old car but tough as nails lol

ItAintRodKnock

Veteran Member
TDI
01GolfTDi
Same price, no shipping or issues with possible lazy sellers or stealers taking your money and running.
I agree, some things can be much better quality being oem.
Good on you. I went ahead and bought different color fenders and hood too. Just spray painted them the closest color i could match and did a decent quality job. Looks okay! Id like to get it sprayed like you are.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

garreth5

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta
Try craigslist also. There are used Jetta parts that are being sold from time to time.

hyoomen

TDI
2002 Golf GLS 5-speed; indigo blue; ~180k miles; stock (*WRECKED*). 2002 Jetta 4spd Auto (01M), indigo blue, ~246k mi, stock
Glad you went to a salvage yard. Row52.com or picknpull.com are your friends for the parts you seek. I wish I'd known the ways of the picknpull 4-5 years ago when I wrecked my 02 Golf TDI. My Jetta continues to make a transformation through finds at local (Dallas) picknpulls.