Common problems

smokeum99ta

TDI
2012 VW passat tdi se
I was looking for a list of know common problems and nothing came up. It’s seems that I’m at the stage in my car life that stuff is starting to go and was wondering what’s next lol. Here’s my list.

-dash makes cracking noise, everyday since I bought it and use the hvac.
-drivers door frozen shut 120k. Bought new cable and door latch (but still haven’t installed since it’s only happen a couple of times and don’t feel like messing with it when soooo cold outside)
-turbo died at 130k. VW covered under warranty
-hvac fan stopped working 150k. Was able to clean debri outta it and the fan started working again.
-heater core clogged 160k. Just fixed myself (pretty easy)
-

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
dash makes cracking noise, everyday since I bought it and use the hvac. Normal
-drivers door frozen shut 120k. Bought new cable and door latch (but still haven’t installed since it’s only happen a couple of times and don’t feel like messing with it when soooo cold outside) Common, there is a buried thread about this
-turbo died at 130k. VW covered under warranty - normal, buried thread with about 100 pages- keep a soft foot and don't run it hard cold
-hvac fan stopped working 150k. Was able to clean debri outta it and the fan started working again. - first I have herd about this
-heater core clogged 160k. Just fixed myself (pretty easy) Very normal, the hot running regen cycle turns the coolant into a solid

smokeum99ta

TDI
2012 VW passat tdi se
Forgot my intercooler went between 120-130k too. Fixed it myself, was afraid to take to the dealer.