2001 Volvo V70 2,5TDI

Spiffeh

TDI
2001 Volvo V70 2,5TDI
Hello! im quite new to the "TDI" world as ive only had a 2003 V70 with a 2,4D with commonrail ofc

So im wondering what i can do to my new V70 with the 2,5TDI, ive mounted evrymod just for the sake of it. too see what difference it makes etc

But im thinking about getting a 2,5TDI engine just to do some power related mods too, (Injectors, turbo etc) that will eventually make its way into the V70.

So im curious as of what people recommend, im not looking for a "800HP setup" But more around the 300HP mark.

So i wonder what people here would recommend to achieve such a setup

Also if theres a type of clutch thats recommended to use, same with driveshafts.

Thanks in advance:)

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Larger injectors, modern turbo, remap and stronger rods will probably see you close to your power goal!

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Pretty sure yours is not a common rail (2.5 Volvo diesels from that era were sourced from VAG/Audi, code AEL). Nevertheless, the same performance formula applies, as adamss24 already stated.

For 300 HP, you're probably looking at something like a GTB2260 frame size, but noting that Audi AELs had wastegate turbos and an ancient MSA ECU that was not easily adaptable to control VNT turbos; maybe the newer Volvo application has a more recent Bosch EDC ECU. Else a Borg Warner S256 or Holset HX35 for wastegate options at the sacrifice of some turbo lag.

.280 injectors minimum should bring you to that power range.

If you have substantial km on that engine, make sure everything is in top shape (compression at 30 bar for all cylinders) and the injection pump might be getting tied as well. I believe there is a 13mm plunger upgrade for 5 cylinder VP37 pumps.