Buying 2012 Jetta tdi highline anything I should maintain asap?

RichJetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI-PD 5spd
I am picking up a 2012 Canadian Jetta highline tdi on Monday from a large local chrysler dealer. It only has 96000km on it. I am wondering what maintenance I should be doing right away. My VW dealer can't or won't give me a service history. They recommended that I bring it in for a inspection they will pull the spark plugs (lol) and check it over and start fresh? Definitely not getting a warm feeling about that service advisor. Ideally if someone knows a way to get a hold of the record that would be ideal. I'm planning on doing the dsg service asap.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Richard

tdi_514

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI DSG
My rule of thumb is that if it doesn't feel right, walk away. When I got mine (14 Jetta) a couple of weeks ago, everything felt good and service was top notch. When I mentioned stuff, they got right on it. You can perhaps check the maintenance manual and see what is required and either do it yourself or ask them to do it as a deal.
Mine at 78,000 they did the DSG flush, filter, oil change and gave me 4 new rotors

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
Contact VW Canada and they may give u a high level indication of which VW it was serviced at.

Make sure you get both Kessy keys as they are pricey.

RichJetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI-PD 5spd
Thanks guys. I didn't see a second key but I didn't think to ask at the time. I will ask for those and the wheel lock key also.

I was reading that there could be metal flakes in the fuel filter so that something I want to keep an eye on. I do have a MK4 Cat diesel filter setup kicking around when the weather gets good I will have to see if I can make that work.