Using Bluetooth for playing music

gerpeters

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI and 2003 Jetta TDI
I have a 2009 Q7 TDI and 2009 Jetta TDI and both come equipped with the AUX cable. I want to play music form my Android Phone and from my wife phone which is a iPhone 6.

I found this cable here which has mixed reviews and for the most part seem to indicated that it does not work well if at all for both charging and playing music at the same time.

My Q7 has Bluetooth but as far as I know it is only for the phone voice not for music. Can someone confirm this?

I want to install something so that I can use Bluetooth form any device. What are my options and there there something aftermarket that is easy to install and use?

palewhitemale

TDI
A3
I've dealt with this for a couple years now. there's no good option.

I just use the AUX because the Q7 is my mother's and I don't have to drive it very often. I went on Amazon and found a flat-woven 3.5mm cable extension that allows the glove box to close and not pinch the cable.

The way I figured out how to do it is a little involved but you can do it, I've seen a couple people who have. You have to get an adapter that does bluetooth to 3.5mm. Something like the Belkin SongStream should work perfectly. The problem is that it obviously needs to be powered. So, you need to find a way to adapt the car 12v to power it. I haven't looked at the options on the market lately, but it wouldn't surprise me if someone sells a cigarette lighter powered version of BT adapter by now. Once you rig up the power for it, you just plug it into the Aux 3.5mm jack and bingo. Use whatever you want for power for your phone, leave the whole BT/AUX rig in the glove box and don't think about it. The only issue is that you'll have to setup the BT adapter (if you get one that lets you set gain), and the AUX gain in the setup of the MMI in the Q7. Then you just use the stereo volume, and everything else is done on your phone.

Good luck!
-bill

CanadianLurker

TDI
2011 Audi Q7 TDI Prestige
I have a 2009 Q7 TDI and 2009 Jetta TDI and both come equipped with the AUX cable. I want to play music form my Android Phone and from my wife phone which is a iPhone 6.

I found this cable here which has mixed reviews and for the most part seem to indicated that it does not work well if at all for both charging and playing music at the same time.

My Q7 has Bluetooth but as far as I know it is only for the phone voice not for music. Can someone confirm this?

I want to install something so that I can use Bluetooth form any device. What are my options and there there something aftermarket that is easy to install and use?
Have a look at something like this:

http://www.viseeo.com/ugC_Down_Detail.asp?hidShowID=15

I've not used it myself but I've seen others recommend it on forums.