abs service and airbag service warnings triggered by annual vehicle inspection (MA)

billmc2010TDI

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sportswagen
These messages appear with each start up, and the indicator "symbols" remain on whenever the car is running. Never had either appear before, and no "events" to otherwise trigger these service "needs". Hate to pay the dealer (who did not do the required inspection) to deal with it. Any ideas? Thanks.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
read the code with VCDS and clear them and see if it comes back.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Pardon my ignorance, but can you tell me what VCDS is? Thanks again. Bill
VCDS (previously known as Vag-Com) is a dealer lever scan tool available from a company called Ross-Tech. There are threads here that will tell you where you can find a VCDS owner near you. You have to either find someone near you who has it or you can buy it yourself from Ross-Tech. It is a must-have tool for VW or Audi owners. In my opinion every VW owner should either own VCDS or know someone near them who does own it.

http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS.html

Have Fun!

Don

Brian's96TDIPASSAT

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI SEL 14 Passat SEL, bought back by VW 11 Golf TDI, bought back by VW 05 Passat TDI 96 Passat TDI, sold
Be daring, disconect both battery terminals, touch the neg and pos cable ends together for a few seconds then hook the battery up again. It'll clear any codes and re-set all the modules. Some stuff may take a few minutes or drive cycles to work again, like the auto up and down on the windows but it won't hurt anything

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
Where are you in MA???

i'm in Boston, have Vag-com (VCDS)