Considering the Porsche Cayenne diesel

Dunerking1

TDI
13’ Cayenne Diesel,11’ Audi A3 TDI,04 Jetta TDI
Thread revival! Had to create a new handle as I couldn’t log in and my original account was connected to my old email.
Anyways still have our Cayenne and it has been a pleasure to own. It now has 80k miles and stayed up on the maintenance with a recent transmission and transfer case service. Next up would be a TB service…not looking forward to that bill.

Sword_of_the_Spirit

Veteran Member
TDI
All Makes
It’s a Chain mate. Consider putting in 5w-40 or even 15w-40 if you live in a warmer clime. Your chain and upper end will appreciate the adds that only a 40 will have over the 30. Best of luck.

Yeah, I own as well. New and un-neutered.

Dunerking1

TDI
Thanks for clarification on the chain! I do run the Mobil 1 ESP 15w-40 motor oil for our warmer So.Cal weather.
I’ll appreciate any other helpful info for it.

Sword_of_the_Spirit

Veteran Member
TDI
All Makes
Run it in Sport Mode the entire time. Your EGR, Flaps, DPF, and Intake will thank you. Mileage will be minor to insignificant, but the benefits great as the increased volume will keep it much cleaner. Keep the oil level 1 block below full to minimize blow by via engine breather (back into intake).
T6 or ESP are your best options for 5w-40. Where you are at, could even run a 15w-40 year round 32degree on up.

Dunerking1

TDI
Great advice for the Sport mode,I’ll have the wife run it in Sport from now on. Yes in Southern California so I’m running 15w-40 ESP.

Sword_of_the_Spirit

Veteran Member
TDI
All Makes
I’ve never seen a Delvac 15w-40 ESP. I’ve only seen a Delvac 5w-40 ESP (I assume the Delvac is the one you’re using). They do make a regular 5w-30 ESP but doesn’t quite cut it with soot retention and significantly lower adds like zinc and phosphorus.

Best of luck and enjoy the most underrated (even more so un-neutered) Cayenne of the lot.

Dunerking1

TDI
Sorry I was incorrect when I said I was running 15w-40…it’s 5w-30 Mobil 1 ESP

Sword_of_the_Spirit

Veteran Member
TDI
All Makes
Hmm….take a look in the Touareg section of TDI club and see what you think the 5w-30 (C30 spec for VW/Audi/Porsche) and 7-10k oil changes does to the chains. If you like the vehicle, I wouldn’t risk it for the warranty. After all, you’ll have the vehicle outside of warranty now with increased wear and tear….

Suggest the 5w-40 from Rotella T6 or Mobil Delvac.