Quantity adjuster upper limit reached

Deezel76

Hi guys, I'm a newbie here, and I guess what made me register here is the fact that I need your help!! I already did a search and found no definitive results.

My car is a 2003 Jetta tdi 5-speed, all stock so far, which was suffering from many problems. I had the injection pump replaced with a new unit, new fuel filter, and a new maf sensor.

All the old symptoms and codes are now gone, car drives fine, but has a slight shudder at idle when cold.
The code I get via the vagcom is "fuel quanity adjuster upper limit reached".

So i checked on this forum, and replaced my fuel filter again, no change, same code.

I checked my iq settings, it was at 3.5 at idle, so i tried taking it to the upper limit, 5.0, and still no change. Same CEL. Then I tried higher, brought it to 7, still the same code. Then I brought it back doen to 2.5, same code. Now I brought it to 4 and left it there for now, but still the same code.

At first i was able to clear the code, and it would take a few minutes of running before the light would come back on (along with a flashing glow-plug light) but now, the code won't be cleared! Unless i disconnect the battery for a bit, that is.

So, I don't know what else to do! Can anyone help asap?

Thanks in advance guys!

Audi5000TDI

Banned
TDI
Passat, 1996, Grey
Read the FAQS and Bone up on the "Hammer Mod". That should solve your problems. Also you need to use VAgcom on a warm engine to confirm your timing on your injector pump.

Deezel76

Thanks for the reply. I was checking the iq with a warm engine. I thought the hammer mod was for mkIII engines only, ok I'll check the FAQ's and try that.
Thanks!