ALH Caddy 9K1 turbo issues after playing with ecu's...

poxxxy

TDI
2002 MK IV GT TDI PD 150
Hi everyone... so i've been trying to tune my dads caddy for a while... his original ECU died which was an 038906018FK for the ALH engine. I sourced an 038906018FD as a replacement although for a 110 audi/passat after replacing the immo data the van ran pretty well... I figured as it seemed to work, i'd buy another... socket it and try out a tune I burned to some rewritable plcc32's, anyway... I couldn't get the glow plug to work, not sure if its an issue with how my chip burner is writing the files but in theory it should work i'm sure. I swapped HHH and LLL chips but still no good...

I then placed the original chips I blew off with the desolder station into the sockets and the engine started... but died... immobiliser blocked for some strange reason... and then it started up again...

I continued to play for a while figuring it was all ok.

We came to drive away the van with the original working 038906018FK ECU and after a while when needing to put our foot down a little, realised that the turbo wasn't working at all... I checked all vacuum pipes/intercooler/boost pipes and all seems ok.

I tried running through the output tests but realised the fuel shut off valve test came in before the N75 test so I couldn't test it... I'll have to try again tomorrow with basic settings and see if there is anything happening.

Anyway... I read faults on the engine module and here is what came up (although after clearing them, they've not since came back even after driving and logging the boost to make sure it wasn't doing a thing.):

17849 - EGR valve (N18)
P1441 - 35-10 - Open Circuit or Short to Ground - Intermittent

17971 - Quantity Adjuster (N148)
P1563 - 35-00 - Lower Limit Reached

17664 - Engine Coolant Tempt Sensor (G62)
P1256 - 35-00 - Open or Short to Plus

17958 - Charger Pressure
P1550 - 35-10 - Control Deviation - Intermittent
Now... I swapped between the ECU's and car starts, drives but no turbo whatsoever! I'm hoping there isn't a wiring issue or lots of burnt out sensors to replace :(. Perhaps a fuse but I doubt i'd be so lucky...

On Jetta's with ALH's I keep seeing mention of fuse #34 (10A) which has produced similar errors and symptoms... but I do not think the caddy has this many fuses... perhaps fuse 15 might be one to look at?

Any help would be appreciated... I think the multimeter must come out tomorrow so tips there would help to... any resistances and voltages to look out for. :).

Hope I can sort this out somehow with your help!

poxxxy

TDI
2002 MK IV GT TDI PD 150
Ok it seems the vanes are in fully open position as boost is reached at 3000+rpm and climbs without control although fuel isn't there to make it go...

I ran actuator tests on both the N75 and N18 valve but neither actually responded as the test was ran and no actuator movement was noted at either the EGR or the VNT mechanism.

There is 12v at the connector with ignition on both connectors and resistance value of around 20 ohms across both N75 and N18 valve connectors...

I'm wondering what I should be looking at now...

Symptoms present on both ECU's. All fuses appear fine...

Any help would really be appreciated as I can't live with the lack of power lol.

The quantity adjuster error is a little concerning too...

Any ideas where I should be looking for continuity at the ECU end perhaps?