Just had the stage 1.5 Malone tune installed.. nice!

dklopfer

TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG
I just had the stage 1.5 Malone tune installed and drove the car 50km's home, and have to say the difference is significant. The car really pulls, even if I am halfway up a steep hill and put the pedal down while its in 5th. I'm totally guessing here, but it feels like I shaved a good 2 seconds off my 0-60 launch time.

Power delivery seems very smooth. I should have had this done sooner, and I can see why people get addicted to wanting even more (vnt 17 turbo, bigger injectors and upgraded fuel pump.. *sigh*).

I did some searching on the site, and decided on Mark Malone's tunes as he had a number of positive reviews. I emailed him and he responded with a suggested tune and he had some dealers in the area so I didn't have to buy the flashzilla loader.

Anyhow, I just wanted to mention that the place I had it done at is running a special, $50 off any Malone tune, which is a pretty good deal for anyone in the area.
EMT in Guelph http://emt-tuning.com/homepage/

IAMCIRE

Veteran Member
TDI
BEW Wagon
Good to know, I've been waiting on getting a tune until all my maintenance was up to date... but might just jump at this $50 off deal

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Sweet! The Stage II tune I got from TDTuning really woke up my PD... These engines respond great to just a tune! Now to install all the other goodies :)

Mark@MaloneTuning

Vendor , w/Business number
Blaine, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia
TDI
'14 GSW TDI, '11 Golf TDI, '97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L TDI, '96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI, '93 Eurovan Westfalia 1.9L TDI, '09 BMW 335d, '17 BMW 328d
He barely has any boost creep (less than 0.5 PSI over requested for a second). Some TDIs are less prone to boost creep than others. With Stage 2, at least 75% of TDIs will have boost creep, thus I recommend checking boost. If there is no means of checking boost, then Stage 1.5 is the highest tune I recommend.

I'm glad you like the tune, Dominik!

Cheers,
Mark

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
stock clutches on the PD's seemed to hold more power and torque then those of the ALH's ... i was pushing close to 190whp before my stock clutch started to slip.

TrevorSmith

TDI
06 Golf GLS TDI
I had this tune done a little under a year ago. Loved it until my clutch started slipping a few months later. I still love it just cant use all the power anymore. Slipping hasn't got any worse and if you rev it out its fine just if you punch it at 2k rpm its not a happy clutch.

OmegaRenegade

Vendor
TDI
2004 Jetta
i guess i was just lucky - mine held until the 190hp mark then i upgraded to a southbend stage 2 and have been slip free ever since.

itsadiesel?

TDI
2011 JSW(sold 6/2012) 2012 Touareg TDI Lux
My 2011 is in getting Malone's stage 2 and a DSG tune, we'll see how that goes. I put a Banks cat back on which seemed like it broadened the power curve a bit but that could be just wishful thinking? It's amaizing how quiet it still is after eliminating the rear muffler, tailpipe looks cool though.

purrs2

TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI 5spd Man.
Ive done plenty of research on Malone tuning . It is
Hands Down the way to go! I purchased an 06 jetta tdi manual.
Its at the shop now to get the Stage1.5 ..etc!
Looking forward to better MPGS and sound!
Anyone that lives near snyder county Pa. Will be very pleased !
Les is very informative to work with! You wont regret it.