www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old December 9th, 2017, 15:24   #1
Nero Morg

Default ALH upgrade options

Hey all, looking to get some upgrades in on my rig, it's a '01 ALH w/manual conversion. I currently have a brand new DMF LUK, 11mm pump, and I think it has the 672 injectors in it since it was originally an auto. Freshly cleaned (taken apart) turbo and adjusted to spec.

I'm not looking for anything crazy, but definitely looking to get some more oomph. Open to ideas of new injectors and maybe a tune. Plus, how to even do a tune this is all fairly new to me. I've already done the usual preventative maintenance like filters, timing belt, even a new MAF/clean intake manifold. Let me know if there's any other details you need too!
Nero Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 19:52   #2
Mongler98
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Race: 12mpg, Gandma:65mpg

nozzles
water/meth
Tune : call or contact Malone
PD150 intake
EGR delete
Auber gauges

i say water meth or just water to keep your EGT's down so you can crank had some .764 or 520 nozzles with a pop test stage 2 from kerma, Hammer mod your IP to 1.6-2.4.

Bump up the PSI to about 18-19 and get a 3 bar MAP
Have Malone or Kerma Write you a Tune

This is easy power and will be very reliable. You are probably going to need a stage 2 SBClutch Eunduro
Mongler98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:15   #3
nikolay_ss

TDI(s): 1.9TDI ALH

Bosio 1019 DLC is your best option for optimal mpg and good performance, without needing any other hardware upgrades. Also you really need a tune after install them.
nikolay_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:13   #4
Mongler98
Veteran Member

with my gt2052 and my .764 on an IQ of 1.4 im still getting 55+ reliable MPG. You want to tune, dont worry about MPG, you WILL get them. the only way to get more MPG is to get more power with out being ridiculous with fuel injection.
Old Yesterday, 10:34   #5
Yourbuddysatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolay_ss View Post
Bosio 1019 DLC is your best option for optimal mpg and good performance, without needing any other hardware upgrades. Also you really need a tune after install them.
I agree with nikolay. You already have a 11mm pump so 1019 DLC would be perfect. I donít see why to have the IQ so low though. To get better mileage would be around 5.0-5.5 from me experience. You only lose torque buy raising the IQ from my understanding. I have a 10mm pump and .764 to compensate. My IQ is set around 2.5 and get around 45-48mpg.
Yourbuddysatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:03   #6
Mongler98
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourbuddysatin View Post
I agree with nikolay. You already have a 11mm pump so 1019 DLC would be perfect. I donít see why to have the IQ so low though. To get better mileage would be around 5.0-5.5 from me experience. You only lose torque buy raising the IQ from my understanding. I have a 10mm pump and .764 to compensate. My IQ is set around 2.5 and get around 45-48mpg.
same here, but im at 1.4 iq and get about 53 on average but not the way i drive it lol