www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old September 9th, 2017, 03:17   #16
altz1

Very good job!

Sorry if its dumb question, but this engine has solenoid injectors or piezo? Probably solenoid as piezo still nobody makes larger?

Audi 4.2TDI BVN quad turbo project 650hp/1200nm goal, no chassis jet.
altz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 03:27   #17
ryanp

We chose Solenoid for simplicity, we can sell larger Piezo too.

02M 6 Speed Conversions + Euro Parts - 6 Speed Setups for A4 + A5 platform,PD150 Intakes, TIP kits, Turbo's, Injectors as well as anything else!! PM Me! - Click HERE
ryanp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2017, 07:35   #18
eddie_1
Veteran Member

Brilliant! Congrats! Almost a clean lambda too.
2008 A6 BPP 267kmh also 283kmh 2003 Jetta Wagon ALH 150mph, 188BHP - 365 lbft, 170WHP Smoke free German Map, VNT 17/22, 11mm IP, 02M DRW 6speed, OMI, Lower IC pipes,FMIC, PD Lift Pump, 3bar map, ARL Sachs Upgraded/DMF, PP764s, CCV Filter, EGR delete, PD150 Intake, PD150 SRP, 2.5" DP with Magnaflow Cat & 2.5" Catback, R32 DSG Snorkel, PD150 Airbox/MAF, Custom Accordian, Ventectomy, Rear Fog, Euroswitch, 5 brake light mod, McNally EGT/Boost Gague, Scanguage II, Hidden Hitch, LED tails, Koni Reds, Depo
eddie_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2017, 06:54   #19
mk1-83
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 1:15

Nice to see it all workd out fine setting a good time for a fwd tdi.

With 52/74 comp like bw efr
What turbine wheel ? There are not many choices to fit in the vnt.
H-beam, 1:17 cr, 12mm pump,dss-r.360,gtb2365 vklr.
300+ HP 500 nm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3bxhWZcvk
mk1-83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2017, 09:26   #20
[486]
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 golf ALH
Fuel Economy: 42 stock, 47-49 now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanp View Post
We have a larger pump almost ready to install, we mod them here effectively. Over winter we are going to fit the pump to the Aux belt so we can be a little more experimental without busting rockers and engines! I dont think we will ever need the stroker pumps etc. 2 small ones would be a cheaper solution if we need to!

Compressor is 52/74 iirc. The turbo works so well i'm very happy, we have fitted the same turbo to daily cars and it works a treat!

a Mk1 golf could be lighter!
Yeah when you're making brackets anyways it's certainly cheaper to run two factory cp3s than an aftermarket one that can be sold. Can sell the brackets too, once they're figured out.

Now I'm wondering what that thing'd do with an s475 strapped on top of what you've got there. Once it's back to having enough fuel, that is.

Mk1 might be lighter, but def. not cheaper than a 10yr old generic economy car, especially around here where we get salt on the roads :\
[486] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2017, 22:52   #21
Diesl
Veteran Member

To make it from 0 to 60 mph in 2.26 seconds, you need very very very sticky tires, since you are accelerating at something like 1.25g. Not saying it's impossible, but getting a friction coefficient greater than 1 is not easy. You're sure that was not a typo?

If it works, take it apart and find out why!
Diesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 01:14   #22
ryanp

This information is taken from our performance box and is accurate for the 1/4 mile time compared to the slips. We had more than one low 2s time. The track and tyres are very good. On road tyres it would be 4 or 5s at best if you could get a good hook up

02M 6 Speed Conversions + Euro Parts - 6 Speed Setups for A4 + A5 platform,PD150 Intakes, TIP kits, Turbo's, Injectors as well as anything else!! PM Me! - Click HERE
Old September 14th, 2017, 07:34   #23
mk3pd

Quote:
We have a larger pump almost ready to install, we mod them here effectively. Over winter we are going to fit the pump to the Aux belt so we can be a little more experimental without busting rockers and engines! I dont think we will ever need the stroker pumps etc. 2 small ones would be a cheaper solution if we need to!

Compressor is 52/74 iirc. The turbo works so well i'm very happy, we have fitted the same turbo to daily cars and it works a treat!

Lupo 3L Ryan
Can't be much lighter than that,or perhaps a completely rusted out MK1 he-he

www.rosten-performance.com
mk3pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 07:45   #24
ryanp

Rust is lighter than steel!

Some guys have less than 750kg!

Old September 14th, 2017, 07:46   #25
ryanp

Johan has the 3L Lupo with TFSi, not sure on his weight, would have been faster with TDI, ahahaha

Old September 14th, 2017, 07:58   #26
mk3pd

Quote:
Johan has the 3L Lupo with TFSi, not sure on his weight, would have been faster with TDI, ahahaha
Almost exact time and trap speed i believe
9,77 something,but only got a run or two due to broken gearbox
I guess traction is the same issue wether its diesel or gasoline...

www.rosten-performance.com
mk3pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2017, 08:02   #27
ryanp

Yeah its odd that Johan (or Iwan who is driving!) breaks things more than the TDi. I think they are a good comparison as we have about the same torque as they have power and vise/versa (at a guess)

They would be quicker as the day progressed, shame we did not have spare gearbox to get them back on the track!!

Old September 14th, 2017, 08:46   #28
GTiTDi
TDIClub Enthusiast
Macht Schnell! Vendor
w/Business number

Location: 3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachusetts

Quote:
Fits and motivates a mk2 GTI very well, even basically stock (minus basic emissions delete tune)
schnellvw.com
GTiTDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 02:31   #29
ryanp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesl View Post
To make it from 0 to 60 mph in 2.26 seconds, you need very very very sticky tires, since you are accelerating at something like 1.25g. Not saying it's impossible, but getting a friction coefficient greater than 1 is not easy. You're sure that was not a typo?
Just checked, at a 'bad' track we pull 1g, at Santa pod according to the Racelogic Performance box we pull 1.3g with a spike to 1.4g

Old September 21st, 2017, 15:51   #30
prodrive
Veteran Member

Quote:
We start with GTB core, lots of machining!
How do you know if it's not you who make them?