Golf Caravan/Mickey Evil Beetle GTG

Bucky

Veteran Member

From Left to Right:
The "Sprocket Rocket" AKA "Silver Bullet"
Bucky's "True Blue"
Powder Hound's "Snowflake"

More of the same...

If you look closely, you can see the Great Salt Lake. It really is a lake of salt. Approximately seven to eight times more salt than the ocean. The only thing that can survive in there are brine shrimp.

From Left to right:
Mickey underneath the "Evil Beetle", Frau Sprocket, Powder Hound, and Sprocket. Me? I'm to ugly to photograph so they just let me take pictures.

The TDI Utah Gang decided to go over and help Mickey work on the "Evil Beetle". As you can see in the picture, Mickey is the only one working. Well we tried say things to cheer him up, but it was hard to come up with something positive in view of such horrific carnage! It was not an image for the faint of heart. Anyway, we did go get a bite to eat and I'm quite sure Mickey is past the suicidal stage. It was good to fellowship with other TDI nutcases. A good time was had by all.

P.S. Sorry for the grainy photos. They started out as 800k each and after I compressed them...well...Whadya want for nuthin'?

[This message has been edited by Bucky (edited October 21, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Bucky (edited October 22, 2000).]

Sprockets

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
Excellent! You work quick, Bucky!

It was quite the sight. I've never seen so much soot-ridden oil randomly scattered across a relatively wide area! In fact, some dripped off of Mickey's garage door onto my orange jacket! We'll see if Frau can get it out!

Thanks again for the pics, Bucky! Will you be posting the ones of our cars in motion?

p.s. Mickey's going to come over and help me remove my ECU tomorrow night. I hope he doesn't get my Golf looking like the EB!

[This message has been edited by Sprockets (edited October 21, 2000).]

T5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
T5 Transporter 2.5
And I thought mickey was all alone!

Mind you, I can see a lot of hands firmly in pockets

mickey, when your stress level lowers and Evil Beetle is back on form I challange you to a 'most untidy garage' competition 'cause you ain't seen nothing 'till you've seen mine!

What great looking houses you all have. If mine looked as good here it would be worth around a million UKP. A few miles up the road to the top of the valley and you could double it.

I just love to see those pics

Brodie

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Just for the record: My car does NOT have a name.

Yet.

Need a good reason....

------------------
"I love the smell of [burning diesel] in the morning. It smells like ... victory!"

Sprockets

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Powder Hound:
Just for the record: My car does NOT have a name.

Yet.

Need a good reason....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about "The Springville Sprinter"?

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
Hah! I thought I was looking at one of those infamous Utah road contruction crews for a minute. You've even got the correct color jacket!

None the less, I'm sure the moral support was much appreciated. Now mickey just has to imagine a crowd of about 2/300 standing around like that every evening, offering much usefull advice, while drinking all his beer. :p

-Matt