04 Golf Turbo swap help please

LakotaBlues

TDI
2004 Golf
Yes I'm new so I know I'm going to get a little grief about asking something previously answered but I searched the forums and didn't find anything pertaining to my search. I'm currently looking to swap the turbo on my 2004 TDI Golf. I'm getting help on this from a friend with experience swapping turbos on a gasoline engine with the actual swap but I need to find what turbos will work with my TDI and see if there is anyone who has done a write up on a swap on a diesel engine to see if there are any pitfalls that we should be aware of so we can avoid them. Thanks to anyone who offer up advice and I apologize if I am being too much of a noob.

im570rm

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi quattro
131pd turbocharger should be pnp,hwoever there are many models and cases of this turbo look for one that looks as yours.

LakotaBlues

TDI
2004 Golf
Sardo: Northeast, do you happen to know any place in CT that does dyno tunes on diesels?
im570rm and silverbox: thanks a lot. any info I can get will be great. I'm not the brains behind the swap, as my friend is teaching me, so anything I can pick up I really appreciate